Do you ever feel invisible?

by Sassy 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Gotta love you Sassy! Might help if you remember to Live just out of spite at times if you have to...Just a reminder to all the people that drop us so fast that we dont die and we will always suceed and come out on top!! We bulls wobble but we don't fall down. Sumtin' like that.

Love...Wish you were closer...I drink coffee like a mutha!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Sparky))

Hey, gal...it's high time we got together for some coffee.

((Sassy))

hey, dollface...it's the WEEKEND!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

to finish what I meant to say last night, before I got off rambling on another tangent.. and then got too tired:

hey guys! I just thought I would stick my nose in everybody's business and say atleast you aren't squeacky new like me! sometimes I feel very awkward to even reply to anybody because I know that everybody is probably paranoid of me and the ones that are not, I want to say thank you for your warm welcome.

Angry, you are right, when you are a newbie... you can feel very very invisible.. I know that feeling when you first join a board.. then it feels like everyone knows everyone and it takes a little while to find your place... but stick around.. cuz you will.. I agree with what Ozzie said:

Angry was just plucking up the courage to post!!!

Glad ya made it and welcome aboard!!!

welcome to the board Angry!

LT, thanks for darting in and out of this thread.. keeping it light.. and balanced!!

Apa, I am only paranoid of you when you are quiet.. j/k

notperfectyet... thanks for the wb.. you are in part one of the reasons I returned.. you and a friend...

When i was a kid there was so much fighting ,screaming and hitting going on that i would make myself invisible . I would close my eyes and pretend i was not there ,in my mind i could just disapear and be in a calm quiet place where no one could reach me. Now as a growed up to face some of lifes heartaches i wish i was invisible sometimes so i could just go and be hysterical in my mind and go to the far off place i could as a kid ,but this is a growed up world and i am growed up so i face the next hurdle as visible but wishing i could be invisible again.

kls, I know what you mean.. I actually used to to that when I was married to my first husband.. when I'd hear him yelling or throwing things in the other room.. and your right, this is a 'growed up world' now.. so we can't really do it.. even if we want to..

seeit.. you are never invisbile to me.. even when you are quiet.. I know you are reading.. and there... and caring

Gretchen, I added you on IM.. looking forward to chatting.. and keep posting! if nothing else, this thread showed you that you are missed and loved..

People tend to have that selective attention thing going on too. It's funny when I encounter someone absorbed in that kind of state (usually in traffic, both in car and on foot) I don't tend to think in terms of notice me, but I mostly think "wake the hell up you moron!" lol

lol.. Mark, sometimes we really do need a 'jar' on the head.. and that "wake the hell up" reminder!

Sparkplug, I really appreciated your posts last night.. that last one put a smile on my face before I signed off.. I wish I was closer too.. (but I dont' drink coffee)

Arrow, its a long weekend too.. and I am ready!

Just wish I had someone to do something with this weekend.. hmmmmm

• talesin
    talesin

Sassy,

I will be house-sitting for the Kwins starting on Friday for a week or so. I could sure use some company ...

Got any air miles?

t

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The downside of being invisible is that you keep bumping into things...

...or at least, that's my excuse

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

did any of us notice that when Wonder Woman flies her invisible plane we still see her? Whats the point?

~Hill

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Hill, I suspect she wants to be seen...

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Speaking of being invisible, what's up with that Clay Aikin song? My boss was pointing out the part where it goes 'I would just watch you in your room' is that like some stalker action going on?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I enjoy a certain amount of invisibilty. In fact I like the fact that I can walk in a croud and not be notice very much or when a policeman ignores me even though I was speeding. And there are times when you want to be noticed, to make more money, get a raise, having sex with someone, your close family and friends but all in different degrees.

• fairchild
    fairchild

After reading through this thread, it seems that many people feel invisible at times. On a fast moving board like this one, it is nearly impossible to read every thread (unless you have lots and lots of time, and you have high speed connection instead of dial up). So I'm thinking that, when threads move to the past, it is not because you were invisible, but more likely it is because the board moves so fast and the people who were posting when a certain thread was on the first page, happened to have different interests and commented to different posts. Sparkplug has a point.. write the words sex or masturbation and it will make you as visible as a reflector in the dark.

When I start a thread, I usually try to reply to everyone who posts on that thread, but sometimes it becomes overpowering and time is not always something I have plenty of. I've seen other people do this as well (reply to all posters on their thread), and I think it is a good habit to acknowledge the ones who have taken the time to reply to a post.

Sassy, you're not invisible. I don't think that anyone who posts on this board is invisible. Of course we're not all as popular as brownboy, but hey.. he's the faithful slave after all. *insert smiley*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit