We are hemorrhaging... you must beat them to a pulp!!!

by IP_SEC 72 Replies latest members private

• Sirona
    Sirona

IPSEC

Very interesting. Based on your previous thread I reckon you should gather as much ammo as possible before you DO decide to leave. How about taking a tape recorder into one of these meetings? please do! It would help immensely.

I'm glad that they feel there are more leaving than joining. yay for the internet!

Sirona

• upside/down
    upside/down

My "worldy" brother always told me...

Yours is a religion of old people... man was he right.

Now if they'd just die... the cult will die with it.

u/d

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

IP,

Thanks for sharing.

Circuit overseer
    "You've heard the saying: "if you must err, err on the side of mercy"" To err on the side of mercy in a JC is foolishness."

God, will these idiots never learn? "We're Christians and believe the bible says to love and have mercy, but only when we see it fit." Bastards. I just imagine Christ cringing in anger when He sees this. My only solace is someday they will get their due.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    Quote:
    One thing is for sure brothers, we are hemorrhaging,,,,,,, we are losing more than are coming in. It is up to us to stop this. End quote

Maybe he's afraid that his insurance premium will not get paid.

Is it time to re-calculate our per publisher contribution yet?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Circuit overseer
    "You've heard the saying: "if you must err, err on the side of mercy"" To err on the side of mercy in a JC is foolishness."
    (Matthew 9:13) Go, then, and learn what this means, ?I want mercy, and not sacrifice.? For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners."
    (Galatians 1:6-12) I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ?s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed. 10 Is it, in fact, men I am now trying to persuade or God? Or am I seeking to please men? If I were yet pleasing men, I would not be Christ?s slave. 11 For I put YOU on notice, brothers, that the good news which was declared by me as good news is not something human; 12 for neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught [it], except through revelation by Jesus Christ.
  • gumby
    gumby
    lol... yeah... any cult worth its salt would have proposed another End of the World Date by now. Apparently they are too imbarrased about their passed mistakes to try it again

I've thought the same thing. In view of the falling numbers and attendence within the organisation....it would be customary for them to use another scare tactic such as another scripture to point to some close day in the future for armageddon. I figured at least they would say "we are now seeing the fullfilment of 'the love of the greater number' cooling off".

Seems like since Freddy died........nobody has the ability to beat the dead horse to life again.

Gumby

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I think the keep on the watch brochure was designed to be a scare tactic as such, but it just didnt have the uhhhmmph that books like the Freedom of the Children of Dog had.

I took a quick glance around the room when the DO said that about hemorrhaging, the expressions on the faces of the other men was priceless. From shock to disbelief.

Hopefully those words will get some to think and next assembly we will double our losses!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Disbelief, maybe. The elders have to know how many are not attending by the drop in the attendance figures that are taken every meeting. Almost every elder has a book study group and gets a report every month as to who has not reported time.

It is just that that COs are higher up the mountain and see it in 20 congregations every 3 years

I heard of a PO give a talk about how many people had been baptized in the last 10 years that weren't children of JWs, one, and that person had been DF'd.

So one comes in and 15 leave you don't need be a Nobel Prize Winner in math.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've thought the same thing. In view of the falling numbers and attendence within the organisation....it would be customary for them to use another scare tactic such as another scripture to point to some close day in the future for armageddon. I figured at least they would say "we are now seeing the fullfilment of 'the love of the greater number' cooling off".

Seems like since Freddy died........nobody has the ability to beat the dead horse to life again.

The irony is that most of the people who convert to be a JW have an underlying need for an "end date". Now that the WTS no longer has a hard "end date" to give these people, they are slowly starting to loose interest and leave.

If the WTS wants to survive, the MUST pronounce another target date for the end... something the people can mark on their callendar. If the WTS does not do this, they will continue to hemmorage to death.

• luna2
    luna2

As I was reading this, I kept picturing a big fist squeezing tighter and tighter, blood oozing from it as it crushed the life out of the people it was supposed to be protecting.

If that's the direction elders are being given, they haven't seen hemorrhaging yet!

Very interesting stuff. Thanks, IP_SEC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit