We are hemorrhaging... you must beat them to a pulp!!!

by IP_SEC 72 Replies latest members private

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

This is best news (and thread) for me this week.This is why i have no hard feelings for all of you still active "Mighty Moles" People Watching

Attention all taskmasters Whip The Worker

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Except for people with their head in the sand everyone knows the org is in decline. I'm sure the shock and disbelief I saw was due to hearing what they were already thinking vocalized from the top.

l2Bw, yes I am a little worried about being found out before I'm ready. Poker face? I almost stood up and told him where to stick it after his comment about mercy. I swear the CO was looking straight at me half the time. But as he left the meeting (the co/do leave before the circuit buisness meeting) he patted me on the shoulder, so... I guess he's still cool with me.

Its about fear. If they can keep us afraid, they can do what they want.

Since that meeting my new motto is: By force or by attrition, this thing must die.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Thanks for the info. Ipsec.

It will be interesting to see the "public" face they put on this problem in the coming years. Perhaps they can hire some Enron accountants!

W.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    It was also stated that leniency and not being quick to disfellowship, have given apostates ammunition in making charges of sexual abuse. (an example was given of an elder who had sex with a minor for three years, he was disfellowshipped but was reinstated within 6 months)

OMG!!!! Maybe my letter to the Society did have an effect!!!!!

No Apologies

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

may the force of entropy with with them

• undercover
    undercover
    It was also stated that leniency and not being quick to disfellowship, have given apostates ammunition in making charges of sexual abuse. (an example was given of an elder who had sex with a minor for three years, he was disfellowshipped but was reinstated within 6 months) We were told that it may take a year or years for a disfellowshipped one to have a plea of reinstatement heard. We were told not to hear pleas for reinstatement if such pleas are less than 3 months apart.

This is either sneaky underhandness or just plain stupidity...

The WTS keeps sweeping the child abuse issue under the rug and has refused to deal with it. In doing so they have put JW children at risk and corrupted their own system. Instead of dealing with the problem and trying to correct the core problem they insinuate that the apostates are responsible for the bad publicity that they have received over the issue.

The next in line for blame from the WTS are the elders. The insinuation here is that if they had DFd people for longer periods, then the apostates would not have any ammunition against the WTS. Again, this is ignoring the real issue and creating a loophole for the WTS to squeeze through, taking no blame or accepting no responsibility.

This new "less mercy" ideal will not remove the sexual predators from the congregation. It only delays their return to try to hurt others. Exposure, criminal charges, jail time, therapy and being listed on a sexual predator list is the only way to try to protect ALL people, not just JWs from these vermin.

The average everyday JW who falls short of the high standards that the WTS has created for them are the ones who will suffer because of this new philosophy. The brother who can't quit smoking, the high school kids that make out in the car, the sister who fell for the charms of another man because her elder husband ignored her, the JW who questioned doctrine...these are the ones who will feel the harsh hand of merciless justice in the congregation.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Excellent 'inside' reporting IP!

undercover wrote - and I agree:

The average everyday JW who falls short of the high standards that the WTS has created for them are the ones who will suffer because of this new philosophy. The brother who can't quit smoking, the high school kids that make out in the car, the sister who fell for the charms of another man because her elder husband ignored her, the JW who questioned doctrine...these are the ones who will feel the harsh hand of merciless justice in the congregation.
    Well stated.
  • MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Since that meeting my new motto is: By force or by attrition, this thing must die.

Weakened, cut down to size maybe, but the Watchtower will be around long after we have passed from this earth. Hell, even David Koresh still has followers.

• Scully
    Scully

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
    ~ Yoda, Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

This attitude frustrated me no end when I was in and serving as an elder. My line was that the more lenient, mercyful, empathetic and loving we were, the more attractive we would be to people on the outside as well as keeping those already in.

It defies logic to think that the hardline attitude will do anything other drive people away.

Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit