Movies that were supposed to be good but you thought they sucked....

by DanTheMan 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Leolaia, Ahhh, you just reminded me of the village. I got so angry at the ending of that kindergartten written plot. I couldn't believe I had waisted my time watching it instead of doing something more constructive like recycling my ear wax.

steve

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Mission To Mars. Red Planet was only slightly less bad.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I forgot about The Matrix. I didn't see what all the fuss was about and thought it was stupid.

Having only tried to watch two Woody Allen movies, I missed Crimes and Misdemeanors and am willing to give it a shot.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    The Last Samurai... I really would have enjoyed that movie if it wasn't a remake of Dances with Wolves. They should have called it Dances With Samurai.

Try Twilight Samurai; very well done Japanese film set in same transitional time period in Japan, from a reluctant hero's view.

You can feel the swords' sharpness before any moves are made. Well done movie-making.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Megadude, I never saw The Last Samurai, but your critique is pretty funny! Dances With Samurais - LOL

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    you just reminded me of the village. I got so angry at the ending of that kindergartten written plot

We were somewhat disappointed with this one too. Although the plot base kept you on the edge of your seat (at least it did for me) the ultimate (and the answers to the mysteries) ending could have been so much better.

Annie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Ok, not to be a relentless cheerleader for my own thread, but I just thought of another much-hyped movie that I had a complete "WTF??" reaction to - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I hated this Movie! Best part was the End.

I guess when someone tells you over and over and over how good it is. Then you see it and it is not as good as they said ticks me off. I really hated this movie!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Hiya robdar,

"The Piano" starring Holly Hunter

*yawn*

Well, not "yawn" so much as "What the f***?" I mean, Ada McGrath (Holly Hunter's character) was an absolutely impossible woman to live with. Her obssession with the piano – with music – was understandable, in fact it stood squarely in the literary/cinematic tradition of the obsessed artist enslaved to his her gift. And her struggling with and running away from her autocratic husband is standard proto-feminist drama.

It's the suicide-by-drowning when the piano falls overboard that pissed me off.

gently feral

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Did anyone mention Blair Witch Project?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit