Movies that were supposed to be good but you thought they sucked....

by DanTheMan 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Did anyone see Gigli?

You can checkout the worst 100 movies on IMDB here:http://us.imdb.com/chart/bottom

It has one title 'The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? ' - I've got to that.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

OK, The Matrix started well with the first one...the next two films had potential to be so much better.

I did like the Animatrix, a better executed concept of short films from: www.theanimatrix.com

Particularly "World Record" (You are closer to reality through athletics) "Program" (I know the truth and I'm not going back) and "Beyond" (Beautiful animation with subtle inner peace).

S

• Preston
    Preston

The Lord of Rings: Fellowship of the Ring isnt necessarily a bad movie per se, but I think it falls into the same trap that a lot of Fantasy novels get when they get adapted to screen. There's way to many characters vying for screen time. I think by the end of the movie I only remember two characters, Bilbo and Gandalf, and that was only because they were played by Ian McKellan and Ian Holm, two of the best actors today...period. They developed their characters through acting, not through dialogue alone. The story isnt that good either. The wraiths were cool....

- Preston

• blondie
    blondie

Titanic

Still haven't seen it; just trailers, the hype was too much.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

You want Sacred Cows? You got it!-

Gone With The Wind-I cannot sit through this movie. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I would not want to be stuck in an elevator with Scarlett O'Hara, and I cannot be sympathetic to the aristo, slave-holding, inbred group of phonies that are the main focus of this film!

Passage to India- okay, actually, most of David Lean's BIG films, like Laurence of Arabia, Dr. Zhivago, etc. Very pretty visually, very dull emotionally. Especially Passage: I remember watching this very long movie, and at the end, thinking, "So what?"

Ditto the second and third Matrix movies, and the second half of the first one. Barely a nod to Phillip K. Dick, who did the whole "your life is an illusion" story a lot better than this.

Annie Hall-I still can't believe this movie beat Star Wars as best picture of '77. I resented it when I was 13 years old then, and I still resent it now.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sexy Beast-What a turd.

All the Matrix flicks- A trio of turds.

Titanic-Titanic Turd

The English Patient-This one gets Turdly Turdelson's Turd of the Decade award.

The Postman- Even Tom Petty couldn't save this turd.

Waterworld-Turdworld.

Con Air-If the national airline of Ireland is Aer Lingus, would it be Con Aer Lingus if Nick Cage was on board?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    the piano.....mince

I liked The Piano. It was very erotic. The scene with the hole in the stocking: tender and erotic. I can understand why a woman who is badly mistreated could enjoy being seduced slowly by a passionate, imaginative and caring man.

Two movies I didn't think lived up to the hype:

Out Of Africa....we almost cried wondering how long until it was over. Would have walked out but it was Christmas and the only things open in Georgia are movie theaters and Waffle House.

Lord Of The Rings--------too dark and depressing. The beginning was good, but the rest was boring. I thought if I had to look at Elijah Wood frown one more minute I would implode.

• battman
    battman

Sideways. Only went because of all the hype at Oscat time. Booooring!

Lost in Translation. see above.

battman

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the third man

classic

not

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I'm surprised someone mentioned "White Noise"..my daughter couldn't stop raving about it.She wants me to see it.

And Gone with the Wind was spectacular to me!

I love the classics..hate the movies with violence..loved Red Planet and mission to mars!

Watched "Shrek" with the grandkids..loved it!

Loved all the "Planet of the Apes Movies" though..violence and all.

Funny how the violence in the older movies aren't as gory as they are now..

Snoozy..who doesn't see many movies unless they are on Cable...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit