Movies that were supposed to be good but you thought they sucked....

by DanTheMan 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• desbah
    desbah

Tron...now whats up with that movie!! i found it to be the grandfather of all the geek cult movies. i guess they only made the movie to go with that stupid game.

• talesin
    talesin

integ

Citizen Kane is one of the sacred cows of the 'film industry'. Same w/ Metropolis.

I don't get it, either ... * yawn *

t

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

''The Blair WItch Project'' - I think I'm the only one who thought it was tripe!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Speaking of *yawn*, how about Master and Commander? Ugh!

Agreed ,if only they had stayed true to the Books and blasted American Ships instead of Frenchies!!

I detest the Matrix ..what utter trash that was....apparently parts 2 and 3 were even worse.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

pulp fiction....tripe

the piano.....mince

the matrix....disappointing

pretty much all the old movies they tell you are classics...

wizard of oz...that rosebud one...bullit...the ladykillers

and dont get me started on lara croft....both of them

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Woo hoo, I thought Moulin Rouge shite as well. I have to pretend to like that film in my own house, otherwise mrs iggy gets peeved with me!

Recently saw the new Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy film. First time me and mrs iggy had been out together since the birth of firstborn. Result? The film was poo!

ig.

ps Pulp fiction was great!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Another vote for Mulan Rouge.
    Also, I didn't like American Beauty. I was bored to tears. I can't understand why this was such a hit.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

integ & tal, I'm with you on Citizen Kane. I got *nothing* out of that movie.

my last rant about tarantino (sorry I've been misspelling his name in this thread) - you see, the thing is, the movies of his that I've seen contain scenes that his fans think are howlingly funny - like the Quarter Pounders scene I already mentioned, and also the scene in KB1 where the two ladies are fighting in the living room until the little girl walks through (who is the daughter of one of the fighting ladies) and they stop fighting and pretend like nothing is going on.

IMO those scenes weren't funny. They were just dumb.

One of my favorite movies is Mulholland Drive. My brother-in-law checked it out from the library recently. I went over to his house and it was lying on the table. He pointed to it and asked me if I'd ever seen it, I said yes and that I loved it. He couldn't believe it, he absolutely hated it. LOL

The Matrix - I saw the first one. Didn't see the last two. Fool me once....

• talesin
    talesin

Dan, I saw this thread and had to mention, I had blocked this memory, but it's come rushing back, oh-so-horribly, this morning ... that scene oh, can I bear the vivid picture in my mind ... Oprah NOOOOO!!

Beloved !

lol ...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'll second the American Beauty vote above. Man, that was the worst movie I think I've ever seen. I saw it because of the hype and was SOOO let down.

But then again, I'm one to really enjoy happy ending movies. American Beauty wasn't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit