How did you get over your silly fear of demons?

by embeth2525 84 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't think Demons really exist.

However, I do believe in Ghosts. I have seen them, right by my house there is one it is of a Old Man figure that I have seen. I am very much interested in why he is still there. When I come to close I get sick with fever and very nauseous. I do believe in that spirit world.

Brooke

• heathen
    heathen

My experience was one of seeing a figure move around my room and house that looked like a person . It was pretty freaky , especially while trying to get rid of such a thing . I believe it even moved objects but these things are not a danger to us as far as stabbing us with a knife but I have heard stories of people that felt like they were pushed down some stairs and stuff like that .I've always been a fan of horror so never had a problem with horror movies or books and realize the difference of fact and fiction , admit sometimes I would spook myself by reading some stuff or watching movies when I was a youngster .LOL

I think all of these phenomena have non-demonic/spiritual explanations, but in many cases, the person experiencing it overlooks such possibilities due to the effect of their religious background. I've never seen any demons, although I have bought plenty of used items. I have seen ghosts, but those are merely folks who need to get out in the sun more to get a tan.

• El blanko
    El blanko

Yep, I believe in malevolent entities as well and have listened to others experiences, had odd experiences myself, have read well documented cases by authors I respect.

The evidence is there for an intelligence running invisibly beyond our own full knowledge.

Define this as you will - demons or otherwise.

Mr Mad Hatter:

You are calling upon your own authority by saying "I am a brain scientist" or whatever... sorry, that doesn't wash with this beard. You cannot pin down and explain the conscious mind even - try if you dare Others are debating this at present on other forums and many of these appear to be learned men and wear their badges upon their sleeves.

We are not the sum total of grey matter within our skulls... period.

• squinks
    squinks

Go slow and desensitize yourself.

A movie that once scared me to death is Polterguiest.

Everytime it came on TV, I would watch a few minutes of it at a time. . . and nothing happened!

You slowly build on the idea that nothing happens and poof your not scared any more.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I've seen ghosts all my life. The first one I remember seeing was when I was about 10. My mother worked in a chip-shop, and while I waited for her to finish her shift, I wandered into a back room. In the room was a large table, with lots of dead chickens on it. A man with an apron stood plucking a chicken (something I'd never seen before). I asked him what he was doing and he just smiled down at me. I went through to the front of the shop again and asked my mum "what is that man doing in there?". We walked back through and the room was totally different this time. No table, no chickens, no man - just potatoes and a chopping machine for the potatoes. I remember this vividly, and the man looked just like a normal person.

I've seen other ghosts who look like normal people - not shadowy or anything - they look solid. I knew they were ghosts because they disappeared ! Actually one walked through a closed door and at first I thought it was a real person, but then my logic kicked in and I thought "hang on, that door is closed!" - the woman I saw was walking down a corridor so when I looked down the corridor a second or two later, she was gone (and there was nowhere she could have exited in such a short time...).

I have seen other spirits as flashes of light or as semi-transparent human shapes. One of these was the ghost of a child standing next to a friend of mine. I didn't know her that well when this happened, but when I asked her she confirmed that she had lost her little girl.

I once had a dream that a man who had died came to talk to me and asked me to tell his family he was OK. He showed me where he lived, which was in an area that I NEVER went to. I saw work being done on the house, you know, bricks and stuff in the front yard. The next day I drove to that area out of interest to see if the house he showed me was there and if there were bricks in the yard. It was, and there were. Needless to say, I didn't know what to do because I didn't really want to show up telling someone I'd had a visit from their dead husband LOL

So I know I'll get slated again for talking about these experiences and you'll all likely call me a psycho or something, but at the end of the day, I live a normal life and I don't experience these things daily or even weekly... I have had external confirmation of these things and I have even seen these things in a group setting where others saw the same thing, so by that I'm ruling out hallucination for at least those occasions. (Note: in the group setting there was no meditation or suggestion given to us so that we'd "see" the same thing, it was spontaneous and unplanned).

So I'd say about "Demons" - well I do think there are some what I'd call "lower" entities out there who are not very nice, but I don't believe in fallen angels. I do think that spirits walk amongst us and we don't always realise that they're not human. I don't believe that these lower entities can harm us if we don't allow them to.

Greendawn,

And as long as we don't meddle in satanism or demonism so as to willingly and knowingly invoke their power there is absolutely nothing they can do to us to harm us even in a psychological way.

You are unfortunately showing that you don't understand what satanists do (or are). Also, what is your idea of inviting these so called demons? I take part in pagan rituals...is that what you mean? In that case I can confirm that you are wrong.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Oops did I kill the thread?

Did I scare you all off?

LOL

Sirona

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Mr Mad Hatter:

You are calling upon your own authority by saying "I am a brain scientist" or whatever... sorry, that doesn't wash with this beard. You cannot pin down and explain the conscious mind even - try if you dare Others are debating this at present on other forums and many of these appear to be learned men and wear their badges upon their sleeves.

We are not the sum total of grey matter within our skulls... period.

My own authority eh? I'm licensed to practice in 3 states. Governed by those 3 states. I'm a Doctor of Neurology. Hold both educational and honorary degrees from 7 schools of higher learning, including the University of North Carolina, Duke, and University of Minnesota. I have a combined 12+ years in pre and post graduate studies. I spend 3 or 4 weeks a year in on-going educational classes. I hold academic acheivements from countless journals and educational groups. I am also bound by the AMA and other ethical and professional groups. I also head up the Neurology Dept. of my medical group. I have NEVER posted this crap before. I only mentioned being a "brain doc" in passing so someone know's where I'm coming from. However, I DO BELIEVE this makes me more than qualified to comment on this thread thank you very much.

If you would READ my posts you would see I was not making a judgement on a soul or consciousness beyond the limited scope of this thread.

Would you like to PROVE that we are more than the sum of our grey matter since you know so much about this subject?!?

What is YOUR authority in which to post?

And I would be more than happy to discuss how the brain works with you.

Yours truly,

Doctor Wear It On My Sleeve Learned One

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sirona, Googlemagoogle claimed earlier that satanists do not believe in the existence of a literal satan as the Christians do, to them he is just the impersonation of evil, the impersonal evil force. From my research on the net this seems to be only partly true, as there also seem to be satanists who do worship him as a real person, and it's not just rebellious teenagers that do so. To me people that want to worship evil even as an impersonal force are not sound.

Since I believe in the scriptures I accept the existence of spirits or angels with the good angels being very good, and the evil angels being very evil and dangerous beings. Invoking spirits can lead to contact and possession by these spirits and I don't think the stories confirm this are just propaganda.

As for you wiccans I don't think you invoke external beings but internal psychological potentialities with your back to mother nature mentality. Your obsession with the moon and its soft, mild, unifying light seems to be a balancing reaction to the pitiless, harsh, separating solar light that symbolises the very masculine conservative judeo christian ideal as in the JWs for example.

• Mac
    Mac
    Since I believe in the scriptures

Sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant that respectfully yet mournfully...

mac, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit