How did you get over your silly fear of demons?

by embeth2525 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

I had the silly fear and the horrible nightmares. It just took time away from the bOrg... like years!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• fairchild
    fairchild

I remember buying a nice globe at a yardsale. A few days later, this elder's wife comes to my place, I show her the globe and tell her that I got it for only a dollar at a yard sale. She lectures me on taking items in the house that were bought second hand, might be possessed, etc.. etc... About two months later this same person comes to visit with her husband (elder) and 6 year ols son. The son totally loves the globe and asks if he can have it. I say sure, as long as it is all right with your parents. The elder (who probably didn't know about his wife's "lecture" to me says yes, I don't see why not. And off they go with the globe. True story.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

When I realized that demons are nothing but mankinds way of trying to explain evil mysteries to itself, the fear went away.

• pepheuga
  • Carmel
    Carmel

Never had it to begin with! It was one of the ideas that I never accepted even as a JUU kid! Thought it was bs then, still do!

carmel

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Only after I watch the Exorcist...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

GBL had a good point: demon haunted world - carl sagan. sweet read.

as i was becoming completely natural in my world-view (read: supernatural is rubbish), i actually tested my hypothesis and visited haunted houses, played with ouija boards, visited spirit mediums etc. i never experienced anything that could not be explained naturally. that did it for me. i saw other people get all worked up about stuff that in the light of day (or other situations) would have been explained naturally. now something goes bump in the night, and i only fear psycho's. ;)

• sandy
    sandy

I haven't. LOL

I use logic to talk me out of scaring the hell out of myself. I still avoid movies about ghosts. My friends have to drag me in the theatre.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

You might consider watching Scarey Movie and Army of Darkness, since they are silly comedies...

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well..they just took the lady next door to the hospital..(80 years old).

She was seeing faces come out of the wall..

Sounds like a B Sci fi movie doesn't it?

Should I be worried that since she is not home they may start coming over here? Nah.

People like to play mind games with you and feed on your fears..

I never believed in spirits..still don't. I am 62..never seen one or heard one.Every story I have heard is always a "Maybe" never a reality. Or it's always something they heard from someone that heard it from someone.. You would think by now something would be around..with all the relatives I have lost..and not one of them came back to say hi!..

If you believe in them..they will be real to you..if you don't they won't..simple as that.

Don't believe everything people tell you that "Demons" exist.Just bad people..watch out for them..

Oh yeah..and mean dogs..bad food...etc....

Snoozy..who knows it all! (You believe that?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit