How did you get over your silly fear of demons?

by embeth2525 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Speaking of Army of Darkness:

CASTAshley J. 'Ash' Williams (Bruce Campbell)
    Evil Sheila (Embeth Davidtz)

Coincidence??

• John Doe
    John Doe

Read a few Stephen King books late at night. :-)

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

"... that was just pillow talk, baby!" -Ash in AoD

• heathen
    heathen

I was haunted by one for awhile so I do believe they exist . They do like to make noises in the night and I also blame them for nightmares and such . They don't scare me at all anymore . I finally chased it out of my life . I think other people harass me more than the demonz do .

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Heathen..care to share your experience?

As someone that "Doesn't believe" and a great skeptic..I would enjoy hearing your story..

Snoozy...

• Es
    Es

I tell you what its only be recently that i have been able to get over the fear of demons. I just decided to stop being afraid. Now i can watch scary movies and be ok....and i now truly believe ghosts exist and are not afraid of them. es

• greendawn
    greendawn

I believe demons as fallen angels do exist and exercise a lot of invisible influence upon the world however there is nothing to fear about them for the simple reason that they can't enter our physical world to affect it in any way and cause us harm. eg no demon can ever take a knife and stub us with it or even take a small stone and throw it at us.

And as long as we don't meddle in satanism or demonism so as to willingly and knowingly invoke their power there is absolutely nothing they can do to us to harm us even in a psychological way.

I met a person a couple of years ago someone who was a satanist and actually perfomed a marriage ceremony with satan involving blood, as they all do, marrying to satan much as the christians are mystically married to Christ.

His life was an absolute mess and at the time he was in a monastery desperately trying to fight off the demonic influence with the help of the monks. Now I didn't witness this but the guy we were travelling with did, and he was quite shocked by what he saw: the satanist suddenly became possesed collapsed to the ground and began screaming the abbot rushed to help and began trying to exorcise the demons to which the satanist reacted by talking as a human or roaring as a lion and finally said to the abbot "please stop this if you carry on this way you will kill me". The abbot stopped but the crisis fortunately subsided.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i don't believe in demons and all, but one question you might ask yourself about those "demon-posessed" items: why would a demon do that? why would a higher spirit want to posess a porcelain doll? why would it come to your house when you watch harry potter or listen to led zep? if they really are all about enjoying their last years, they'd come over for a beer or two (or three... or four maybe) and well.. maybe listen to led zeppelin, so you probably really should get rid of those ;-)

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Greendawn, not to dismiss your stories..... but you think mental health issues might be the real cause of this? They used to diagnose Turret's Syndrome as demon possesion for many years too. I could go on and on with the various mental conditions that used to be chalked up to demon possessions but are now treatable conditions.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    When I realized that demons are nothing but mankinds way of trying to explain evil mysteries to itself, the fear went away

I rid myself of the fear of demonz the same way Jenniebeanz

It's not so long ago that children with deformaties or people with epilepsy were thought to be demon possessed. As knowledge about the world and the universe around us grows so belief in demons will subside.... hopefully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit