Greatest Rock drummers

by DanTheMan 104 Replies latest social entertainment

• prophecor
    prophecor

December 31, 1984 marked the day that drummer Rick Allen lost his left arm in a car accident. While most bands would have disappeared after such a setback, Leppard came back stronger than ever. After having Status-Quo's drummer Jeff Rich serve as a backup for a few warm-up gigs, the Thunder God showed that he was able to keep the beat and then some.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Not really rock, but can I include Karen Carpenter?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

John Bonham and Ringo Starr

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Levon Helm, from The Band. Beautiful the way Levon's drumming meshed with Rick Danko's bass, to my ears almost other-worldly.

Pope

• donald
    donald

neil pert.....steve machine gun smith...and ringo...donald

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I forgot - one of my favorite albums is The Introduction by the Steve Morse Band, not a well known album but an absolute gem IMO, check it out if you like instrumental southern rock jazz fusion LOL. A guy named Rod Morgenstern handled the drums, and the dude is awesome. I think he played with the Dixie Dregs too.

• Honesty
    Honesty

John Bonham

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Ah yes John Bonham was in my opinion the best . He wrote almost all of Led Zepplin songs

No he didnt.

• kls
    kls
    No he didnt

That what i heard Robert Plant say on a talk show . What do you know different ? Tell me .

Neil Peart, Neil Peart, and Neil Peart.

I saw Mr. Peart put on the best drumming performance I've ever experienced at the Hollywood Bowl in July of 2004. The 10 minute drum solo was absolutely incredible!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit