Coming clean about what's been going on lately, I need to talk......

by Jez 60 Replies latest social family

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

(((((Jez)))))

Feeling for you now.

It's hard when friends are soo irrational.

You are a great person, don't let her get to you.

Hang in there.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

((((((Jez)))))

I feel so bad for you! Maybe someday she will realize just what a great friend she had in you---but I know that doesn't help right now. Having gone through this mess myself, I only wonder if these folks that we were so close to, feel the loss that we do----and to know that they are the ones who are turning their backs on us. They have the power to remain as friends but choose to end it.

This telling themselves that Jehovah would be pleased with them is all WTS control and hogwash, but it makes them feel better.

This will take time......and the pain will ease up somewhat. There is always the chance (a strong chance) that having seen this site, that some seeds have been planted and it may take a while, but the dawn may come to her eventually. I can almost bet that she still will look here from time to time...just like I did when I "stumbled" across the old H2O board and got hooked.

Take care kiddo....

hugs,

Annie

• kls
    kls

Jez , i want you to ask yourself how much more do you have to do to prove to her how much you love her . You have gone way beyond what most people would have done to please her and show your love ,and if she can't see you for the wonderful person you are because you are not a jw ,i am sorry but no one is worth selling your soul for, ecpecially someone who will give their love only on their terms.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Jez,

Sorry for your hurt, but JW's think they are staying loyal to God and the more they sacrifice the closer they feel like they are to him.

People in other families don't have to be the same religion and guess what, they are not afraid that the ones that are NOT of the same faith will 'sway' their or their childrens thinking.

I find it amazing how fragile JW's belief is.........that they are not strong enough in their faith to feel like no matter what they will hold to it. That they can't have friends that are different than them and not lose themselves.

You are a good person, hang in there.

purps

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I find it amazing how fragile JW's belief is.........that they are not strong enough in their faith to feel like no matter what they will hold to it. That they can't have friends that are different than them and not lose themselves.

Purps, You are right on target!

• lilbit
    lilbit

(((((((((((((( Jez)))))))))))))

Im sorry you are going through this. Maybe one day she will come to her senses and realize what a good friend you are.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

They are not capable of thinking outside of the box that they are in; I know.

Not until my son was df'd and I realized that if I was not in his life, he probably would not survive the depression.

That helped me realize how cruel and unnecessary shunning is. It most certainly is not christian.

We love you here; I am sorry for your pain.

P

• codeblue
    codeblue

So sorry to hear about what is going on in your life....I know it hurts an aweful lot to be betrayed by people we love.

Sending you many cyber hugs,

Codeblue

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Jez, I'm saddenned and p*$$ed at how your SIL threw away your sacrifice. She's either too self-centered or blinded to realize the extent of your love for her. Who knows what the future may bring in her outlook, but with her present mindset I doubt she'll have alot of fulfilling friendships at the kingdom hall. What goes around comes around. You though are a class act Jez. She made her choice, and now I believe you're truly free to move on.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

One can only hope that she's still lurking and can see what damage she's causing. Because make no bones about it, she's the one who's not acting with love in this instance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit