Coming clean about what's been going on lately, I need to talk......

by Jez 60 Replies latest social family

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jez:And this would be why I'm always concerned that "going back" just enables the friend. They have the psychological upper hand because you crushed down your feelings to do something you didn't want to do, for them. They, however, keep their barriers up. All the time it's "just do this one more thing", and "another thing", until you are no longer you - a bit like when folks first start studying!
    But you had to do what you had to do.

I feel sorry for her. I truly do.
    She's throwing away a wonderful friendship.

(((Jez)))

• vitty
    vitty

Jez

I am so, so sorry. Maybe she didnt want the responsibility that you where going back for her.

I think shes terrified, has little faith in the org herself and one day will regret it BIG TIME !

SIL if your readng these posts, dont let the org, take Jez away from you.

• eye 23
    eye 23

I'm so very sorry for you jez the pain of rejection by someone you love dearly can be worse than a death because those that die haven't had a choice to do so..........maybe you could show her the scripture in Luke 9 :49 'he who is not against us is on our side'. Maybe you could reason with her on this to show that you have no problems with her being a JW and are not against her as jesus said therefore, her leaving you is an unkind thing to do with no real scriptual bases ....since you are not against her belief system........might work,could be worth a try eh?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

That's VERY sad. Am so sorry for you, truly.

I can understand her 'fear' if she wasn't aware of what was on this site (I think most of us had different expectations prior to joining) but SIL spent MANY hours on here initially, and quite a lot more since. Maybe she's read things here that make her question her beliefs, and that's not something she wants to face right now. YOU are her connection with this site. If you don't visit here anymore, then maybe SIL can pretend it doesn't exist (and her doubts will go away) - put badly, but hope you understand.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Jez,

There's not much that I can say that hasn't been said in the last three pages other than my heart goes out to you. Take good care of yourself and grieve for what it appears is lost. We can't control others (though some would like to control us), all you can do is keep being the wonderful person you are and carry on.

BD

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((Jez))))

I am so sorry for the hurt you are experiencing -- over and over, it seems, due to the Borg's hold over your SIL.

You wrote:

She says she loves me and always will. Love like that is just painful because it is only a potential love, a whisper, a short glimmer not the full blown out love that is shown. If you truly love someone, nothing keeps you from that person.

I shunned a dear friend of mine for longer than I would like to admit. But you are right that my love for her eventually won out over the organization's rules. We are closer than ever now, because she forgave me.

Unfortunately, I lost another dear friend when I finally made the decision to disassociate. We had spent hours discussing various issues and my reasons for leaving and she, too, told me she loved me and always would. But she cut me off and remained a JW because she didn't want to lose her faith. Blind obedience was more important than honesty and, to my heartbreak, more important than me. It is very tough. It hurts still. But it hurts less now, four years down the road.

I still love her, and I would welcome her back into my life IMMEDIATELY were she to contact me. I know you'll feel the same about your SIL. But you are a beautiful person, Jez, and I believe you need to remain true to you or you will be even more miserable than you are now.

Let her go, with tears and rants and sobs, perhaps, but let her go. She has a LOT of growing to do to catch up with you.

outnfree

• TheListener
    TheListener

Jez I am so sorry for what you're going through.

((((Hugs & little chocolates)))))

Everyone has said so many great things I have very little to add. But I do have one thing. You'll find happiness being yourself. Do that. Be yourself, and don't surround yourself with anyone who won't be happy that you're happy.

• Jez
    Jez

Quotes: She doesn't care about doctrinal inconsistencies. She knows that there is alot of them, there are things that she admits that she does not agree with, but she doesn't care. She still thinks it is the truth. She doesn't believe that only JWs will survive Armageddon. To me, she doesn't really seem like a Witness, not like the gung-ho one I was anyways. She even admits that. I don't understand this, but I am very very tired of the imbalance of power in the relationship. She has always had 'grounds' to shun me, and pull the rug from under my feet, it has always been an underlying current between us. I just never thought she would do it. I wanted to get reinstated to balance things up between us, to ease her conscience, to move forward minus religion but perhaps I was kidding myself.

She had me where she wanted me. I was on the move towards reinstatement. If she believes in the thought that if Armageddon comes and all df'ed ones are automatically killed, then would she not want me to keep going, just to "potentially" save my soul? What kind of a friend would pull out NOW, when I am at least THERE? Does she not think there is a chance that me listening to Gods organization and all of its teachings and being in the KH, where God's holy spirit is, that I will change? Would she not hold out in the hope that I would "come around"? Just me getting reinstated would be a start for her? Would it not? What kind of a friend clicks into self perservation mode and thinks only of what is good for HER? It is the ultimate selfishness and I am shocked. If she thinks that this really is the truth, she would be thrilled that I have finally complied and that I am THERE at the meetings, listening, associating, in the midst, regardless of my current thoughts, regardless of everything!!!

If she believes that my eternal salvation is at stake here, how could she jepordize me going back to meetings? I asked nothing of her, only for her to be there for me if I needed her during this time, she can't even give me that.

wow. Jez

• Fleur
    Fleur
    She KNEW how hard it was for me to do this! That to sit there was like being remorseful, sorry, whatever, for getting out of a 14 year abusive marriage, when I am only proud of myself and so happy with the decisions I have made in my life. I was treated horribly, my ex was only publically reproved even tho he was arrested and I was df'ed for marrying my husband. She knows more than anyone in the world about my life.....yet she can do this....I am stunned!

Jez...this is so similiar to what happened to me with my sister/family members/best friend...they know why I left, they know the reasons, they just don't care enough about me to see me and risk being disfellowshipped themselves, or they see my freedom as a threat to their salvation.

all you can do is be yourself. I wish I could tell you that the hurt will go away, it will lessen some, but it's something that we exjw's have to learn to live with.

You should be surrounded by people who know and love you for who you are. Settle for nothing less, you deserve nothing less.

I'm so sorry for your pain.

love,

essie

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oh (((( Jez )))) I am so sorry for this, another betrayal, of your love. You certainly deserve better than this after all you've been through.

You have my love

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit