Coming clean about what's been going on lately, I need to talk......

by Jez 60 Replies latest social family

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Jez,

Even for all of her professed doubts she is still a JW and they hold a special place for those of us that dislike and attack the org. She was okay with your "other" sins (getting remarried, etc) but once she knew how you felt about the WBTS that's it, that's the line for the most of them that you can't cross.

I have seen the same thing with those df'd. One's df'd for adultry, smoking, whatever, many will reach out to them or on the sly maintain a relationship with them. But get df'd for being an apostate or da yourself and that's it, you are dead as far as they are concerned. I think that is what is going on here with your SIL.

I agree with those that said you have to be yourself and let the chips fall.

BD

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

SHAME ON YOU Jez's so called friend.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Maybe you should pity her more than yourself, imagine how strong of a hold the organization has on her now. She would rather blindly put up her hand to you and what information she has let herself take in from this site than to consider that she may have been misled possibly her whole life. It is a big thing, turning your back on the only hope you had. Not everyone is strong enough to handle the truth about the truth.

I am sad for you, but I am sadder for your friend...at least you are free.

I am truly sorry for what you must be feeling.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So sorry Jez to hear about this. The witness mindset is so bent that once we are 'out' we tend to forget how twisted and introsectarian they are. I have gone thru some of the same in recent months, so I can [as I am sure hundreds on this forum can] sympathize. My cousin [and best friend for 30 years] has now decided not to communicate with me. It is like salt in a wound.

May blessings follow soon to help the healing.

Jeff

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

It would suck still having to deal with people still in the wits. Sorry to hear what's going on with you.

GBL

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

(((((((((((((Jez))))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear this, I know nothing can make it better but remember these folks are so heavily brainwashed that even their thoughts and feelings do not belong to them anymore. Try to keep your chin up and maybe someday she will come around.

DL76

• Jez
    Jez

Just the fact that she can read through all of my old posts, every single one, (hell, I wrote them, and I can't even do that!), shows that she is or was LOOKING for something.

I told her that I am not afraid to search out, look for, find out where JWs came from, who was Russell, why 1914, why 607?, why change 1914? etc etc...I NEED to know everything about this religion because it asks for you to give your life, not to put your life in their hands and let them decide what is best for it. A religion that encompassing must be examined. It is not a light decision and when all the facts are not known, it is an uninformed decision. Who gives over their entire life to something that they don't fully understand or disagree with 'parts' of it? It is not a religion where you go to church on Sundays, love Jesus, show that and that is all. JWs touch every single aspect of ones life. Why is asking questions about it and researching those questions wrong? Oh wait, they will say it is not wrong, just don't ask ex-witnesses.

But for her, the only thing required is faith. Nothing else matters.

Jez

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Well, it has been almost 2 months of meetings attendance for me, and what I did not know what that she stayed on this site, and looked for me until she found me. She found me. Now that she has, she read all my old posts and has decided that no longer is it important that I go to meetings to get reinstated because 'that is not who I am'.

Jez, you have no clue how much this kind of stuff pisses me off. I'm sorry you're going through this pain, and I feel the need to vent. You may skip the rest of my post if you wish...

I walked through those doors for HER, going on her word that it was enough.

This is where I'd send out a big FVVV YOU to her. You've put yourself in an uncomfortable situation for her, and she treats you like shit. Nothing's good enough for her. She screwed you out of 32 hours of your personal life. You sacrificed 32 hours, and would have sacrificed more just to make her happy. 32 hours of sitting through meetings that you weren't interested in, just for her. If I were you Jez, I'd tell her to go suck on Jehovah's invisible tree of life.

You don't need that kind of manipulative bullshit only to be let down. There's so many good people out there who will like you because YOU ARE YOURSELF.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Sorry about your friend, but you need to be true to yourself and your own beliefs/values. Eventually I will be posting on my JW sister shunning me, because I know I can't keep my disgust toward the WTS to myself much longer.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hey Jez, just to add my words of support to those of the rest of us.. It is just not right. I am very sorry. You are such a caring person , who has obviously been through so much., (just one more rose )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit