What Is "Must See" TV For You?

by minimus 137 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is the Gameshow Network still on? I used to watch the old Match games and Newlywed Games.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at Minimus. Yeah Match Game. I watched that a lot when I was a kid, and I'm still amazed when I watch the reruns, at the amount of innuendo that went on. And the clothes back then, hilarious.

fleaman uk said:

I will wait till August when the DVD comes out then just waste a Weekend watching it all.Thats what i did with the last 2 Series.

That's how I got hooked on 24. I got up early one Saturday morning and was just flipping through the channels, and the Mystery Network was playing a 24 Marathon from season 1 and apparently it started at 9:00 or so the previous night.

I actually sat there for 12 hours straight except for intermissions. CJ and I were totally addicted. I agree it's hard to watch just 1 episode at a time. Glad to see it's getting the recognition it deserves.

Other shows:

Anything with CSI or Law and Order in it, though I don't mind if I miss an episode of Trial by Jury. I have a problem with Lillith.

Love the Discovery and History channels. Good to watch as a family.

Glad to see House mentioned. There was a thread here a few weeks ago about it, which made me curious so I caught my first episode a few weeks ago. I just love dry sarcastic humour. It's kinda like watching Scrubs meets CSI

Reality Shows. #1 is The Amazing Race, followed by Survivor and American Idol. Watching Amazing Race is like a brief travelogue. Some really amazing architecture and history on that show, though it's a whirlwind tour. I had panned American Idol last year, but that was when it was the last few episodes and I got annoyed on that they were stretching it out. This year we stated from the start and it's a bit more palatable. And I can't stand the thought of watching the Apprentice. I just want to grab a pair of clippers and do something with that "Swifter" head.

And I don't think anyone mentioned Evergreen . I think it is in it's 3rd season, and we watch it with our teenage daughter.

And I hate to admit it, but I do watch Young and Restless with CJ. Gotta love the big boobies on that show. Which reminds me what night does Desperate Housewives come on?

Oh and the Trailer Park Boys is so offensive it's hillarious.

I think I'm going to join a Discussion Board for TV addicts. I think some of you should join me.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***Anything with CSI or Law and Order in it, though I don't mind if I miss an episode of Trial by Jury. I have a problem with Lillith.

I feel exactly the same way! I only watched the first episode and couldn't get past that either!

**Love the Discovery and History channels. Good to watch as a family.

Me too. We just had the Discovery/Health channel added to our Time-Warner and some days I don't even bother to change the channel!

***Glad to see House mentioned.

So was I. Both hubby and I love this show.

***Reality Shows. #1 is The Amazing Race, followed by Survivor and American Idol. Watching Amazing Race is like a brief travelogue. Some really amazing architecture and history on that show, though it's a whirlwind tour.

I also try and catch glimpses of all that beautiful architecture and surrounding scenery in all the foreign lands. Some of those temples and places like that are something we'd never ordinarily see. I also love to see the types of dwellings that people live in, and the open marketplaces! Sometimes I wish that they'd allow the show to be 1/2 hour longer so we could see more than a 3-second shot of things of interest LOL!

***And I can't stand the thought of watching the Apprentice. I just want to grab a pair of clippers and do something with that "Swifter" head.

(giggle @ Swifterhead) I was a big fan of that show but have lost interest in it too.

Hi---my name is Annie, and I'm a TV addict!

hugs,

Annie

• minimus
    minimus

I'm curious as to whether or not there are more tv viewers outside of the city. In other words, do you watch more tv because there's nothing else to do where you're at.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    do you watch more tv because there's nothing else to do where you're at.

As for me----I'm a Tv-aholic Plain and simple. Being pretty much housebound may have something to do with it---but I'd still be a tv-aholic regardless!

There's so much good stuff on!!! (and no more meetings to be reckoned with-lol!)

• Special K
    Special K

What do I watch.

I like

Dr Phil ( from time to time) "How's that workin' for ya?

CSI 's

American Idol ( Still think Nadia should still be there and glad Constantine got the boot)

Survivor ( Sad when Stephanie got booted last week. She was my favourite although I'm in love with Firefighter Tom. How can you not love a man who can kill a shark. WOW!)

Amazing Race ( I love Boston Rob and AmBA) also enjoy the older couple meredith and Gretchen.

House.. is really good but I wish he was a little less grumpy. Be interesting to see him belly laugh about something.

The Apprentice... Interesting to see who will make it to the top this year. I like "Tana".

Third watch... I think everybody has been shot over the past 4 weeks, Ty, Ty's ex, Bosco, Tys partner. Seems to be a free for all with the shooting of cast members this season. Sheesh!

Extreme House Makeover..Good upbuilding show. Ha ha. get the pun.

Sort of starting to like Medium, but would like to see her laughing about something sometime.

SHOW's I hate: Lost, 24, SVU or SUV and I never ever like NYPD Blue... I can't even stand the commercials for these.

Special K

Hey, Talesin. Judge Judy does say some "right on" stuff sometimes. She likes the term Hoodspa, too.

• Chia
    Chia

I love Match Game too. I'm a fan of older crime shows, I miss Dragnet, that used to be my favorite show ever. Jack Webb was the man.

Since I'm a nerd, I enjoy "Forensic Files", "I, Detective" and "Cops" on Court TV.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Amazing Race ( I love Boston Rob and AmBA) also enjoy the older couple meredith and Gretchen.

I love Boston Rob too What a hoot last week when he had the plane's departure time and was telling others there was another one! It was hilarious! I know he's a big brat but I enjoy watching him and AmbA whatever they get into.

I have to hand it to Meredith and Gretchen They have really held their own through some very tough tasks, huh? I thought they were all done when Gretchen fell down into that cave.

Annie

• Mulan
    Mulan

As long as we are talking about OLD shows, we are Magnum PI addicts. Literally. During the years it was on, (1980-'92) we video taped most episodes, but missed quite a few. We only got a VCR in 1984 and the show was on meeting nights. Many of our videos are poor copies. Then last year, some very close friends gave us the first season DVD that had just been released, for Christmas. We wore it out, and watch an episode almost everynight during dinner.

The second season was released in April, and we got that one too. It's nice to have good quality copies now, and we can visit Hawaii every night. Why do I love that show? Tom? Higgins? Hawaii? Yeah, all three!!!

When is season 3 coming?????

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    As long as we are talking about OLD shows,

Okay---I'll bite We are (were) avid fans of Spencer For Hire with Robert Urich. We would watch the same episodes over and over again. The same with Rockford Files. We loved that show and try to catch it in reruns too.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit