What stupid things did you confess to the elders?

by sweet tee 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I forced my husband to confess to the elders that we were having OS! Damn that was stupid ... he was GREAT at it

I also made him tell the brothers that he changed a number on our temporary license tag (don't laugh! If we didn't tell all we were going to get it at armageddon!!!! ... You know this to be true (lol)

(sweet tee of the terminally guiltridden class)

• upside/down
    upside/down

That I thought they were all liars....

Didn't go over to well...

u/d (of the no gift of tact class)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am not stupid I didn't tell them or I would lie!

Brooke

• rebel8
    rebel8

What is the dub explanation for requiring confession of every little thing to the elders while they criticize the RCs for confession rituals?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The stupid thing that I confessed to the elders was that my mother beat the shit out of me as a child. Apparently, she was so spiritual, my confession was invalid.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I didn't have to confess anything. I was a very devout dub, and I never even went out on weekends. I often did deep personal study on Friday nights when the other young ones were out clubbing. I would exhort my friends to underline their watchtowers as much as mine was, and to use different colored highlighters for the A and B questions.

Walter

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Reminds me of when I sat in on Gina's Judicial Committee, they told her about the charges against her, she refuted them, and there wasn't really anything else to go on to take any action on her. One of the elders asked, "Is there anything else you want to talk to the committee about? Anything weighing on your conscience?"

I thought at the time, "No, the stuff you know about is good enough. Let's just stick with that!" Needless to say, she told them No.

When I was a loyal dub, though, I woulda spilled my guts. Wouldn't want to grieve the spirit or anything...

Dave

• upside/down
    upside/down

AA- yeah that whole "grieving the spirit" BS.... I bought it too....

Funny when my wife confessed her "sins", their reply was WE KNEW IT.... that's why there's been so many problems in the congregation- you've been grieving the spirit.

These gotta be the same dudes that ripped people hearts out while they were still beating and threw the corpse down the pyramid to "appease the spirit".

Religion is a snare and a racket.....

u/d

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I did eventually wise up and keep them out of my business. I remember one couple who went and talked to the elders about their sexual positions. The sister was very, very pregnant and they asked if it was alright for them to do it 'doggy style'. The elders (one of them was in his late 70's) told them that Jehovah created us to do it missionary style. I ALMOST cussed when I heard that. I told the couple it was no body's business how they 'did it' ... that was too much for me.

There are some things I did against the 'org that I didn't bother telling ... going to church for a funeral and other 'association' things.

• sandy
    sandy

I remember during my jc meeting with the elders I was confessing my evil deeds and when one of the elders asked me is there anything else you want to tell us"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit