As JWs, ever met any annointed ?

by greendawn 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

The thing that hurts me about my uncle Jim is that they believed back then that Armagaddon was coming soon, so they made a decision never to have children. Even after '75 came and went they never had kids. He always told me he'd never want to bring a child into this world the way it is. And he would have been such a wonderful father.

I always thought he was so smart. He taught himself to speak and read Hebrew and Greek. And he introduced me to science fiction at age 12. I stayed with him for a few months in the late '60's. He took me to see 2001: A Space Odyssey, and The Andromeda Strain. He loved The Twilight Zone, and The Outer Limits. And the books he had!! I'd stay up all night reading science fiction. My aunt bought me my first ever pair of high heel shoes to wear to the meeting.

I miss him so much.....even if he never claimed to be anointed, he would still be great in my book. Somehow I want to believe he will go somewhere good. If there is such a place.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings ohiocowboy,

Your post is a riot. We too had an older woman in our congo who cracked the crackers & sipped the vino a few times. We, as "appointed by brown-nosing men" blamed her short stint of brain farts, on menopause.

Listen to this. One year the PO gave the same ole boring protocol memorial talk. In his anticipation of that flaky woman partaking (which he was totally against), he all but stared at her during his discourse and all but said. Sister you better not par take this year you don't qualify you crazy old Watchtower Hen.

She no longer jdubby

Dismembered

"They": believe they're gliding down the highway,

when in fact they're slip-sliding away".

• trinity83
    trinity83

I knew one supposedly annointed lady when i was younger. Just recently i saw her at a bar sipping on some beer. I about laughed my head off.

• willyloman
    willyloman

No, and neither has anyone else here. There are no annointed, silly. That's just a concept they sell to create a special class of people, the chief members of which are... them.

• integ
    integ

By the way....One of the annointed persons I mentioned previously, has a wife who was DF'd for lesbianism. True. Now they're divorced.

Integ.

• Rod P
    Rod P

I knew three.

Well, one I didn't really know. Can't recall for sure if male or female. This person was quite elderly, and never saw him/her attend any meetings all year long, except the one time at the Memorial Celebration I watched at a distance, and I saw everyone doting on the person in the wheelchair. This was in the congregation at Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.

The other two I knew personally. I was about 19 years of age, and I went pioneering at the time, staying at Lee's place in Brooks, Alberta. We were pretty good friends, but frankly, he did not seem to me to be all that intelligent, and given we were about the same age, he did not seem very mature in his behavior either. He partook of the emblems that year, and those who knew him best questioned his judgment, saying he had a lot of growing up to do. A year or two later he quit taking the emblems.

The third person I knew, Dave, was when I lived in Calgary, Alberta. He was about a year younger than me, and extremely intelligent, winning the Governor General's Award for the highest marks in scholarship exams for the whole province. He was also very likable, and was popular with everyone and played the piano for the congregation. Very talented. Then he went pioneering down around Brooks for a month, and stayed for a while at the farmhouse of my future father-and-mother-in-law. He had never been to a farm before, having been raised in the big city (Calgary), and the only concept he had was buying fruits and vegetables and meat from the grocery store or supermarket. They showed him all the different crops, as well as all the different vegetables growing in the garden, which was a total surprise and delight to him. I could not believe anyone that bright could be so utterly naive and ill-informed all those years since the day he was born. He was raised by his father, but I never saw him at any meetings. Anyway, Dave was a partaker of the emblems, and most accepted him as of the anointed, except I still had questions about his youth.

Which brings me to a question I'm sure most of you had over the year. During the time of Rutherford, those of the 144,000 Anointed Class were supposed to have reached that number. Once 144,000 was reached, then there should be no more new ones of the Anointed. In rare cases, there may be apostasy by one of the Remnant, and then Jehovah is supposed to fill that vacancy with another, making them one of the Anointed. This, however, is supposed to be a rare incident. I could not believe that of all the places in the world, we lived in a very small location, with relatively few JW's by comparison. Why was I seeing these youth becoming of the Anointed? It did not add up to me. How many other incidences of this were going on in other congregations all over the world? So now, every year I could not wait to see the new Yearbook come out, where I could see the number who partook of the emblems around the world. Every year the numbers kept getting smaller. The anointed were all getting older, and so it is logical the numbers would get less every year. But what would happen if the number went up from the previous year by a few? This would kind of make a lie of the proposition that the 144,000 had been filled in previous years, right? Anyway, I have not looked at these statistics for quite some time now, so am curious if this has happened at all. Anyone know fore sure?

Rod P.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My grandmother was one, Alice Moody.... but my grandfather, Joe, was not. We had a few in my congregation. I can't remember all the names... most died when I was a child. David Hadden was one...Hyde Park Cong....MA

Coffee

• willyloman
    willyloman
    But what would happen if the number went up from the previous year by a few? This would kind of make a lie of the proposition that the 144,000 had been filled in previous years, right? Anyway, I have not looked at these statistics for quite some time now, so am curious if this has happened at all. Anyone know fore sure?

As has been posted on this forum previously, your 'worst fears' have been realized. The number of partakers has been creeping upwards in recent years. In fact, there are more partakers now than 10 years ago. I don't have the numbers at hand, but you could research it here on the forum. This is according to the WT Society's own published numbers, by the way.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Wilyloman;

Thanks for letting me know. Will do some digging.

Why am I not surprised about this? I just knew someday the stats would make a lie of their teaching.

Rod P.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Bill Jackson, bethel heavy

Bob Smith, Bethel light

Ann Sabalow, a sister in one of the congs.

Our own AMAZING aka AMAZING 1914, here on JWD.

If there were others, they escape me now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit