As JWs, ever met any annointed ?

by greendawn 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

My favorite uncle. He lives in Decatur, Georgia, a sub of Atlanta. He told us he was anointed at an International assembly we attended in Atlanta around '74. He was and is one of the most loving, kind, and fair men I have ever known.

He did stop sttending meetings regularly a while ago. He emailed me and told me of some disagreements he had with the society. He even sent me a book about "controlling your dreams." My mother told me to stop communicating with him after that. yeah...right.

As far as I know, he still claims to be.

• integ
    integ

Kyle Nichols

Lydia Escobar

• FairMind
    FairMind

Tatiana, was your uncle named "James White"? Jim was the brother who studued with me bacj in the early 70's and both of us lived in Decatur, GA at the time. Thanks.

FairMind

• eljefe
    eljefe

I knew some middle aged "Annointed". I found that they were crazier and much more judgemental than other JW's.

• blondie
    blondie

Anointed..........hmmmm

My grandparents were from that generation...many stories about anointed.

They were definitely more independent in thought and deed than any JWs today.

That was back in the days that it could take 1 hour to discuss 3 paragraphs of the WT. Everybody hadn't been molded yet into unity of thought.

Some didn't recognize territory cards and went wherever the spirit moved them.

I was told about one older sister in the circuit who sat up in the front row and every time the speaker said "brothers" when he meant brohers and sisters, you could hear her whisper, "and sisters."

The rules weren't as strict about not marrying non-JWs and many never studied with their children. In fact one person told me that the children were put in a room to sleep while the adults studied. Family studies were a rare thing (even rarer than today).

As long as there was a qualified anointed brother, O/S brothers never were congregation servants.

More recent anointed, most not viewed as genuine, had to prove themselves. The thinking was that God would only choose the most exemplary JW. Sisters tended to be ignored more because they had no privileges. But brothers created a problem; it was hard to ignore them.

Some felt that they had ideas to share with the GB and wrote letters. But as others have said, they are mostly ignored. After all, even the apostle Paul went to the GB for direction, or so the WTS says. When newer anointed start saying that God speaks to them as an individual, they get marked and watched because the WTS thinks they have a great potential for creating a separate group of JWs following them. That is partly why small, informal pre-study of the WT or even the Bible is discouraged greatly. One family or 2 families, but never a 'large' group.

Over the years, I have met several of the GB and others who partake every year, because of my age, where I have lived, and my family background.

Some were intelligent, others not so, others were loving, others were creeps, just like those who aren't anointed.

Blondie (never of the anointed)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Tatiana, was your uncle named "James White"? Jim was the brother who studued with me bacj in the early 70's and both of us lived in Decatur, GA at the time. Thanks.

FairMind

OMG...FairMind...YES!!! That is my uncle Jim. It truly is a small world!

He still lives there. Did you ever meet his wife, Jody? (Joanne)

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

We had 2 in our congregation when I was growing up. An Elderly Brother who had a shnozzola just as big as Jimmy Durante, and his a personality was so meek and mild. I used to love hearing him talk about the early days. We also had an Elderly Sister who was of the Remnent. Again, her personality was meek and mild. Never an unkind word to anybody.

What a difference between those who were supposed to be God's Chosen, and the Elders, who are anything but meek and mild.

I used to listen during the Memorial for the cracking and breaking of the bread.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

um only Little Toe

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There are a surprising number of "nouveaux anointed" on this board, posting and lurking...

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    sweet woman named Jackie Lundberg

Sweet??? Geez, you must have known her BEFORE menopause.

Yes, I knew several ones "who professed to be of the anointed" as the PC phrase goes: my dad (Bill Bibbee), Royal Spatz, George and Eugenia Tsigaris, to name a few. They were the old-timers, the "normal" ones who genuinely believed what they were teaching and who vigorously questioned the stuff that came out of Brooklyn. In fact, there were several occasions where Royal Spatz would read something in the Watchtower that he didn't agree with, and hop on a train from Philadelphia to Brooklyn to argue it out with Freddie Franz.

That's the organization I grew up around, and I guess those memories kept me in longer than I should have.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit