As JWs, ever met any annointed ?

by greendawn 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've only known one that I genuinly thought was annointed, back when I believed in such things. She was in her 90s when I was a little feller 25-30 years ago.

She was annointed but her husband was not, which I always thought was a little unfair. Anyhow, she played they piano in the hall for the meetings. I remember as a li'l tike of about 5 y/o, I asked my dad "so she is going to heaven when she dies?" He got a tear in his eye and said "We dont talk about that son" and we went into the hall.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

In our congregation, we had the distinctive privilege of having as many of two of the cracker crunching, wine swigging holy ones. Oh! how exciting it was to wait, in eager anticipation and watch them crunch & gulp, while the rest of us looked on so pathetically.

A couple of times the emblem passers,(extremely important prvileged elite ones), were made to wear cloth napkins of over their sleeves ( you know waiter/busboy style) in case of any crumbs and or spills. All this showboating at the behest of one of the annoited elders.

I'm not kidding this really happened.

Dismembered

"They": believe they're gliding down the highway,

when in fact they're slip-sliding away".

• blondie
    blondie

They have done that for years in this area, Dismembered, the napkins over the arm. It does look silly. It was a directive from on high; the elders would never have humiliated themselves, the MS yes, themselves, no.

Blondie

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Geez Blondie that's screwy

Dismembered

"They": believe they're gliding down the highway,

when in fact they're slip-sliding away".

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Yeah, I've known three. They were all pretty dysfunctional people...

J

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yall use elders to pass the emblems?? LOL I dont think an elder in my congo would take that job. Course we barely have enough elders to chair, give the talk, and do the prayers. But then thats proly cuz an apostate is siphoning off Jehovah's holy spirit in the congo.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I grew up in an East Anglian market town and while I was a child there were 6 (six) anointed in our cong'! One of them died while I was still at school but the rest were there all through my teens and into my twenties before I moved away.

One by one they have "finished their earthly course" until just one of them remains - a lovely old lady as I remember, now being cared for in a nursing home.

No surnames of course but if anyone recognises this list you might like to let me know

Harman
    Tom & Anne - [siblings]
    Bernard
    Harry & Georgina - [married]

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

El Kabong quote:

An Elderly Brother who had a shnozzola just as big as Jimmy Durante

El, that is incredibly funny. Again I almost fall off my chair.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nic:Were any of those in Wisbech?

I did dozens of Quick Builds in East Anglia throughout the 80's, as I was living in Nottingham at the time. I seem to recall there being one old dear in that congregation.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

My Aunt has claimed to be of the annointed for over 30 years now. She expects everybody to give her everything. She is a big user, and very materialistic. She even went so far as always making it a point to visit my "worldly" uncle-(her brother) during the holidays, because she knew she would always get nice Christmas presents. It was the biggest farce. My parents even knew she was full of it, but said that they couldn't question Jehovah's Holy Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit