Running Journal.. well sort of

by Sassy 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

well.. I am moving AGAIN.. They sold our apartment complex and are turning them into condos, so they asked us to move out! So we found a place to move over the weekend.. got the approval this morning and the movers will be there to get our things next Tuesday.. wow.. A week to pack!

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Aw, Sassy...moving sucks!!! I hope you move into a better place :) I am waiting coz next week I get to go to FL to see my sister!!! W00T!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Sept 05...

My co worker is still trying to find out if her house in New Orleans is standing...

Not much else new.. just overwork.. underpaid.. and often unappreciated..

but happy

so what is everyone else up to? I'm tickled Stef is back!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hey Sassy!!!

Well... this past weekend (Labor Day), I helped my girlfriend move her furniture into my home. Yup... we're now officially 'living in sin'... *rolls eyes*

(Stuff is all over the place... massively unorganized... etc)

Next week, one of her galpals from Missouri is coming here to visit her, and we also got the spare bedroom ready for her.

Gonna have fun when she gets here - and show her the sights.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. Good thread idea...

• Sassy
    Sassy

woo hoo.. Jim is living in sin.. tee hee..

well those satin sheets didn't go to waste.. tee hee..

I remember when you told us in chat you bought some..

how cool.. be happy...

any one else??? whats up people???

• vitty
    vitty

Well its still thursday evening here, im into my second week of alcohol free And a second weekend without.

I havent got anything planned for the weekend yet, I just might take it easy !

• talesin
    talesin

Sassy, I hope your workmate gets news soon. Sounds like life is feeling kinda dreary right now, you need to have more fun, gurl. (hug)

Jim, I seem to recall when this all started ... right on, dude! I'm so happy for you. :D (also, i have told a lot of people about the bio-diesel, and found out our metro transit is run on it, and am referring folks to the local distributor as an option to making their own)

Vitty, I've done the same thing a few times, for 6 months, whatever, and I've given up other vicarious pleasures. It's a great feeling, isn't it? Good on ya!

Well, I had a friend call me from Texas today. We talked about her recent experiences with scorpions and snakes, wild dogs, and finally, New Orleans. We cried together, and were heartened by the outpouring of aid from all over the world. How folks all over truly care about the american people, forget politics. I had seen a woman on TV, she had 7 kids, and was in the Houston Astrodome. Her kids were all safe, because of her 'angels. They took my children in, with different families, but they are all safe. Bless the Texans'. I told her that is how we see it, that her people are among the most giving in the world, and known for their big s most of all.

Before that, I was at work (volunteer) and made plum jam for fund-raising. :) That was hot work, though fun, too (it was really hot today, maybe low 90s), and he had the door shut and no fans on! DOH, and none of the [large] windows can be opened. Of course, I soon fixed that -- 2 fans, back and front doors open, ahh, fresh air, though hot, is better than suffocating in a fish bowl. I got a nice surprise, and was given 4 bottles of jam to bring home as a thank you for doing the job. ;)

So, I'm gonna go study up on some FF :D (Cougars, Sassy!), and maybe answer some mail. I don't want to hear any more news, or opinions, or discussion ... i am heartsick at the death and suffering, violence and rape of children, and deeply moved by the extraordinary efforts of the police (most of whom have lost everything), of neighbours helping each other, the heroic acts, all at the same time. don't know how i am feeling, and i want to put it out of my head for the evening ...

hug your loved ones, tell them you love them, spoil your pet, commit random acts of kindness ...

pay it forward

t

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sassy!!!!!!

RE: Satin Sheets -

hahahahaha - Ya know... it ain't easy to stay put on a bed with Satin Sheets... ya tend to keep sliding all about! So do the covers. Many times during the night, we both reach down to pull them up - as they have slid off to the floor. Perhaps I need a stapler, to make 'em stay put. Or Duct Tape. *wide grin*

As for me and Shreta - she's the most beautiful gal I have known in a long time. It's great spending time with her.

Regards,

Jim Tx

• Sassy
    Sassy

Vitty, Talesin and Jim! How cool you stopped in and gave a little journal entry..

Vitty.. CONTGRATS on your success.. you are a better woman than me!

Talesin.. girl.. i love you.. omg.. please dont' ever leave the boards, cuz we would be just not the same w/o you.. (go cougars for ya)

Jim.. yes.. I do know how satin sheets are.. but they are still very romantic..

Your new love is a lucky woman!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit