Running Journal.. well sort of

by Sassy 78 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Just got promoted from 100 to 140 repititions this morning on the weight training. I think I might be staying with this. I look forward to having you be witnesses to the fact that I've done my homework, so it only encourages me to continue on. Thanx Y'all!!!

• Charisma
    Charisma

Wow, that is a lot. Way to go!

Mark, did your dad say anything to you about the subtitles?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Prophecor are you taking any kind of nutritional supplements? Protein?

Charisma he didn't really say much except he wasn't even paying attention to them, I think he might be missing out on a great joke! Even if it isn't intentional it's pretty funny.

• prophecor
    prophecor

No special proteins or supplements, yet. Just trying to get in the flow with a bit of discipline for the moment. I'm doing better than I thought I would've though.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Charisma, yes, she is having a birthday party, in fact, it is a Princess Party..... will tell you all you about it and maybe you and yours can try to get there if you all can.

• prophecor
    prophecor

140 Reps Thursday May 19, 2005 Took a little more work today than yesterday, my first set of 140, but it feels good to have crossed over to the 140 as opposed to the 100. I'm surprised that I've gone this long. Normally I would've given up about two days ago. Never been a physical fitness afficianado, but looking at some of the fine formed bodies as examples in the media and real life, those who just look mahvelous, men and women, I'm wanting to actively join in the ranks of those. I've always wanted for a banging bod, so I look forward to having held on in 6 months to see the finished results, God willing.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Prophecor if you're not watching your diet very closely you might want to take a protein, that wouldn't be anything too out there since it really falls under meal planning. If you want to do it through food egg whites is probably a good way to go, you can get those egg substitutes at the store which is essentially all egg white, some just add a little yellow coloring to it. They also make an egg protein powder, which is going to cost less than cooking egg whites.

From what I understand a lot of it has to do with the speed of absorption, and whey protein is the fastest, egg is like in the middle and casein is slowest. Fast absorbing proteins are good for post-workout recovery, slow ones are good to take before going to bed at night to prevent muscle breakdown. Nice that you're getting into the routine, but remember to give your body what it needs!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Thanks Mark. I'll take that into consideration. I was approached by someone while out shopping who promoting a product, a supplement to mix in your drinks thats supposed to assist in cell rejuvination, in fact, I'm going to the car now to get that information.

www.immunotec.com

The gentleman who was pushing the service never asked for any money, just wanted me to hear how much he believed in the product. He seemed to be a living witness to it as he was 59, and looked radiant.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Sounds interesting, although my guess is that product is just geared toward the immune system whereas protein you take to supplement your workout routine would just be for muscle tissue. I'm sure like a simple whey protein would be a lot less expensive too.

• Charisma
    Charisma

I've been so sick.. I have decided tonight I might actually survive this virus though

Simplesally, I didnt hear from you about the party, but I've been too sick to come near. I do have presents and wrapping paper and all that for a special little princess!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit