Running Journal.. well sort of

by Sassy 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

The other day at work I was talking to my boss about a drink we have called Muscle Milk, how it has this aftertaste probably due to the sucralose in it and I quoted Napoleon Dynamite: "The defect in this one is bleach."

I'm going to go to the library to check out a 900 page biography in a few, I'm not that big of a reader nor am I much for biographies, but I hope to get some understanding out of it as it's a spiritual biography of a woman and I'm a single man.

• Charisma
    Charisma

Interesting Mark.

well even though I am sick.. today turned out to be a GOOD day... I got my tickets for Anita Baker and Babyface!!! WOOO HOOOO.. I am soooo excited!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Okay this is a couple of days ago but the puppy love thread reminded me of it... I was at work the other day coming out of the back room to find this blond bombshell of a girl waiting to be helped, it turns out she was looking for some vitamins for gout - so I looked it up in a reference book and pulled most of what they suggested. She was rather agreeable to it all, there were about 6 things totalling over $100, didn't seem at all concerned about how much it would cost. Everything I said she just responded with "Okay." (I should have asked 'will you go out with me?' or something) And then there's the brief looks which I think we both snuck in here and there... Hubbawubawah.... Okay I'm gonna go take a shower.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well I too had a bug!..started las Sat. today is a week and two days later. And I am finally starting to feel a little better.

So I am happy!

BUT.My lawnmower is broke (Riding) and I am on a three week waiting list for it to be looked at!
    I hired a girl down the street two weeks in a row and she only charges $25.00 but she is kinda dunb!

She never showed up this week and my grass is growing!

So I called another guy that cut it before and he said sure! I'll be there Monday..well..no show.
    He charges $40. but does an excellent job. Weed eats and blows clippings off the driveway.

I sure miss hubby!

• simplesally
    simplesally

The other day, we went to Disneyland!! Oh my! We had a blast. Teryn was so excited, she was screaming, I mean screaming when we drove up to Disneyland. She didn't want to go home til it closed which wasa midnight......... oh Mommy was tired. She didn't exhibit being any signs of being tired til she hit her car-seat and she was out like a light.

Yesterday, I found her face planted in the floor (with her Cinderella dress still on). She had fallen out of bed and didn't move. Then she came into my room and went over to the sectional couch in my room and got about 1/2 way on the bed and crashed again. I went downstairs and about 1/2 hour later I hear her request chocolate milk, I went to give her the choc milk and she was crashed on the landing on top of the stairs!! She even took a 4 hour nap yesterday!!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Simple Sally, that trip sounds so cool. I was born in Cali, L.A. 1054 w 76 street was our last place of residence, just west of Vermont ave, before leaving in '68. We went to Disney Land once before we left and it was phenomenal. Mickey Mouse scared me senseless when he bumped into me at 8 years old. I turned around and was astonished at the Super Size mouse, then after realizing it was just Mickey, I tried to run back and play it down by going to shake his/her hand.

It's good to know you all had such a wonderful time. I miss California, Hollywood Boulevard, The observatory that hung in the hills of Griffith Park. There was even snow to be found there at the very top. California as a kid are a connect to some of my happiest days as a child. I never really recovered from the move. I've refused to let go of California in protest, and it's something that has followed me in nearly all aspects of my life.

As an update for my weight training, I got my 100 reps in today, I only got 60 reps in yesterday, but I was determined to get my reps in today, as well as being excited to use this diary as a way of reinforcement for myself, as well as a witness before others as to my commitment.

There's a gentleman that I had the privelege of meeting on the job that's 65 years old next year with the body of a well developed 30 year old, I was shocked when he spoke as to his age, he has such a zest for life too. He's a recovering addict, and brings so much life and energy to all that he touches, it appears. If first impressions are anything to take seriously, then I want to be like him when I finish growing up.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Please give all the details about the Anita Baker / Baby Face concert, Charisma. I've not been to a live concert since Patti La'Belle in the late 90's and I think I'm just about overdue for a little musical R&R.

• Charisma
    Charisma

I'll send you a PM with the information

• Charisma
    Charisma

Sorry about your lawn mowing situation GoldenGirl. If I felt better and lived closer, I'd mow for you. I miss mowing.

SimpleSally, you mentioned your little girl wanting Princess stuff, are you having a birthday party for her?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

So I was watching my dad watch this period Chinese drama today where they dressed in all the garb, and I start noticing words like "Sinbad" and then "rat f*cker" in the subtitle, and I was like what the hell? Turns out they had the wrong subtitles on all of them! I can just imagine someone who doesn't understand Chinese watching one of those...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit