Name some silly things you couldn't do as a witness

by sweet tee 105 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yeah christmas week was jw week cos no-one wanted to go then...co ray midgeley was completely anti centre parks and he used to get really annoyed cos people would be away on holiday or w/e away during circuit visit even though he wouldnt tell us when the visit was til 3/4 weeks before and holidays are booked way before that........so one of the congs in the circuit would wait until he had told them when circuit visit would be before booking their hols.....and then book that same week to go away..........to centre parks...lol

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

OK, OK...

What are centre parks???

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Just have fun in general. Every time I did I was in trouble with someone.

Mind you being an elders daughter did not help

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

TJ - why weren;t JWs allowed to go to Centre Parcs? We couldn't afford to go but I didn;t know its was banned? I'm pretty sure gangs of people went from congregations down our way?

Things I wasn't allowed to do:

Watch Knightrider because the car was possessed

Wear ripped jeans - even if they got ripped on a Quick Build!

Eat Red smarties because they were made out of beetles blood (so what about John The Baptist who ate raw locusts out in the desert - did he bleed them first - I don't think so!)

Read Forever by Judy Blume

Read Flowers in the Attic

Read anything by Stephen King

Attend Gay Lib marches

Get sponsored at school for charity

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

loosie:

It is clearly scripturally indicated that the male sex organ is designed for insertion into the female's receiving sex organ, ONLY!

Any other use (i.e.: massaging, tasting, sucking, licking, etc.) outside of waste explusion is strictly forbidden.

Amen!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    It is clearly scripturally indicated that the male sex organ is designed for insertion into the female's receiving sex organ, ONLY!

Any other use (i.e.: massaging, tasting, sucking, licking, etc.) outside of waste explusion is strictly forbidden

OK let's just say that any mutual masturbation is strictly forbidden

So jw husbands cannot touch their wifes' coochies and jw wifes cannot touch their husbands willies.

How boring. So glad I'm not a jw!

Josie

P.S. What about breast touching?

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

ljw -

I knew a young sister who married a paraplegic and he was told he could stimulate her manually since he couldn't er uh (use your own phrase here). So I guess it's different STROKES for different folks

So many great outrageous manmade rules here. I am still amazed by how controlled we were. That's why, I end so many of my posts with SWEET FREEDOM ... F**K BIG BROTHER!!!

When I told my 13yo daughter about this thread yesterday she said "WHAT? God I'm so glad I'm not in that anymore!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

"Every bethelite with a view of the NY harbor would actually have a 'party' on the 4th of July and New Years with alcohol and the works"

...been there, done that. Its quite fascinating actually, they even urged bethelites to stay home from the meeting one 4 of July due to parking and traffic... cant remember which one. Might have been in 1992 for the 500 yr anniversary of Columbus... anyway it was a meeting night for many and we all just hung out on the rooftops and drank rum and cokes to hide the "hard stuff" as opposed the approved wine.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

Couldn't donate to the Red Cross.

Once, our school wanted everyone to donate at least a dollar to them for some flooding around the Mississippi. We would get a flower for making the donation. My mom forbade me to give anything because they support blood tranfusions.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Remember in the 80's, when it was popular to pinch roll your pants?

Well, I couldn't do that.

My mom would follow me in her car as I walked to school to make sure that I didn't "pinch roll". She said it made me look like the worldly kids.

OMG! I wouldn't have survived had my mother forbade my pinch rolled jeans!

I can't understand what was the big deal? as if school isn't hard enough.........its like JW parents really enjoy making their kids stand out as much as possible at school, and by stand out I don't mean it in a good way!

amazing all the stupid sh*t we subjected ourselves to!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit