Name some silly things you couldn't do as a witness

by sweet tee 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Krystal
    Krystal

Slow Dance with a member of the opposite sex!

I have 3 sisters... my parents would allow us to have parties... the rule was if you danced with someone you had to be at least a "bound volume" apart! I remember on party where I got a little to close and was rudely reminded of the "rule"... I was (am!) a sarcastic little bugger (not to mention the black sheep) and said "well they come on CD now ya know"....

Did I get in trouble for that one!! LOL

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Wear pants in sub-zero weather.

-Aude.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well now, I once got council from the stage about my inappropriate stockings. They had that 80's black print..seam..something like that. Kind of lacy.

Anyhoo. The elder said that it drew attention to my legs. So:

No printed panty hose.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

couldnt have worldly friends even though the kids at the hall were doing a lot worse things than any worldly kid i associated with..

couldnt say shoot and dang (that is a big deal in the south..its half my vocabulary)

denim skirts were a no no as were flat sandals..

couldnt read tiger beat.. ( at home anyway.. read the school libraries copy)

I NEEDED MY SCOTT BAIO NEWS!

During the big hair years my sis got counseled for having her hair curled too "BIG"

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Could not let my mom see me reading all the "heavy breathing part" of Cosmopolitan!

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

could not wear shirts or hats with cartoon characters or sports figures because that is idolatry.

could not attend college it was a waste of time since the end was near and we should be saving souls.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Wow! So much I had forgotten. We read candy bar lables to make sure the candy contained no lethicin(sp?). Supposedly it was a byproduct of blood. I didn't eat Mars bars for a longtime.

• Donkey Lipz
    Donkey Lipz

sup peoples? im new here!

join sports in school (football,basketball,baseball...etc)

cheerleading

couldnt watche rated R movies

YMCA...because the catholic church use to run it

no baggy jeans

couldnt have a girlfriend/boyfriend/or any friends outside the org...cuz they were considered "bad association"

couldnt wear sports jersey's

anything that had USA (flags,statue of liberty,etc)

no school dances like Prom, homecoming,etc

no beards, goateeslong sideburns

no colorful suits/shirts/ties...(they only had to be black,blue,navy,and brown)

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    not allowed to go to 'centre parks'...........british will understand

And oh boy do i understand this one...it sent shivers down my spine...wasnt JW week the last week before christmas or something like that?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

welcome Donkey Lipz....(That is different) Glad to have you here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit