Name some silly things you couldn't do as a witness

by sweet tee 105 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Drive a two door car.

In the late 60's my dad bought a vw bug for a commute car. We had a 4-door station wagon for service! And, my dad being an Elder (whatever it was called then) no one complained. That winter I rode with him while we delivered groceries to shut in JW's - mostly elderly and low income. We were one of the few families at the meeting that week. At least we had the vehicle to do it!

Ok...

Cant shop at Good Will or any thift store because the item might be demunized

Cant shop at Salvation Army because you just might catch an Elder shopping there (like I did a couple weeks ago!)

Wear pants in sub-freezing weather! didn't you know you could use 2 or 3 pair of pantyhose and it would keep your legs warmer? (I found out that skiiers use pantyhose for warmth in their awesome body-fitting suites.... yes men too) But did it work alone in sub-zero weather? Let the men try it and see!

Swearing was a real bitch! How else are you going to get it out?

Cant dance alone. Cant dance too close to someone.

But hey, I grew up with Lead Zepplin... #2 was my first 2nd album purchased after a Neil Diamond

Cant go to a Neil Diamond concert because he might pull out his willie and masterbate on stage (This was just after the infamous Doors incident)

In my era, getting your ears pierced at all was really pushing it!

No masterbation? Hey, that was for guys.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    the rule was if you danced with someone you had to be at least a "bound volume" apart! I remember on party where I got a little to close and was rudely reminded of the "rule"... I was (am!) a sarcastic little bugger (not to mention the black sheep) and said "well they come on CD now ya know"....

Did I get in trouble for that one!! LOL

THAT had me busting my gut!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

evil....centre parcs is a bit like yosemite without the mountains..yellowstone without the geysers..disneyland without the rides..a kind of upper class butlins

crumpet....its because crowds of witnesses used to go that it got recommended against...allegedly they used to get up to all sorts of wild behaviour..over drinkin fornicatin rowdiness..it was decided to encourage witnesses not to go before centre parcs decided to ban them as a lot of pubs around the m25 did

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

tsunami_ride3r----wow! I sure hope they washed their hands before they handled the Watchtower and Awake! LOL Hee Hee Hee

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Excellent - where was I when all the fun stuff was happening!

it was decided to encourage witnesses not to go before centre parcs decided to ban them as a lot of pubs around the m25 did
  • stevenyc
    stevenyc

Play Rudolf the Red Nosed Raindeer on piano

steve

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

NO NOSE PIERCING!!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sweet tee has a 13 year old daughter...what did you have her when you were like 10

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Mrsjones5

P.S. What about breast touching?

I don't remember hearing anything against touching/sucking boobies

They couldn't keep ANY members if they banned that!!! Hell, besides feeding babies that what they are there for isn't it???

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Wasnt allowed as a kid to watch the following programmes on TV

Grange Hill, He-man, Rentaghost, Moomins??!!, Willo the Wisp, Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Terrahawks, Star Fleet, Battle of the Planets, The A Team, Monkey, Kung Fu, in fact wasnt allowed to watch anything that wouldve been remotely fun to watch as a lad. (however i did bugger off out of the house to my mates up the road to watch half the stuff at his but that was shortlived because i was stopped from associating with a worldly friend).

Further restrictions:

I had to take the guns off my spaceships which i made from space lego, and get this...this one is the best....i wasnt allowed to join the dennis the menace fan club....

I could on forever im sure if i cast my mind back far enough....no wonder i turned out like i did

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit