Give me ONE good reason why Adam could not have been black?

by nicolaou 57 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I just read love2bworldys thread at Did U know about the early white supremicist view of the JW's? Not wanting to hijack or divert that topic I ask the question here.

Adam was the progenitor of the whole human race, from his genes sprang the negroid, caucasian, mongoloid, indo-european and every other race on the planet. The Hebrew people were not selected as Jehovah's chosen nation until Abram had found favour with God so presumably all races were equal in His eyes before then.

So then, what basis is there, if any, for deciding what Adam and Eve's skin colour may have been? Could they not indeed have been black or oriental or any other shade & variation?

I accept that this is a pointless discussion, skin colour doesn't matter, and yet it irks me that the WTB&TS always but ALWAYS portray Adam as light skinned.

Nicolaou

• upside/down
    upside/down

because you can't take a rib from a black man! LOL

u/d ( of the wish I could jump like a black dude class)

• Bas
    Bas

Because he was Chinese of course!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Because Jehovah is black, and he wanted to create white people?

• trevor
    trevor

A fig leaf would not have saved a black mans blushes until god slaughted one of his peace loving animals to provide Adam & Eve with skins to wear.

That must have been the first act of violence ever recorded.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Never saw him...wasnt there so dont know....he could well have been.

• JH
    JH

Isn't God an American.......I know a song like that.....

If Adam was black, everyone would be black today.....

Black is stronger.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Watermelon doesn't grow on trees?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The depictions of Adam and Eve by the WT always seemed to me to be like the Dick & Jane stories. If all the races came from them then the original pair could not have been black or white but something in between. So the depiction of Adam as a white man is not really accurate. It would not be accurate to portray him as black either. But we can speculate forever on what we think they looked like. I am sure they were good looking. There are JWs that used to speculate that Adam & Eve must have looked like Polynesians. The only problem I have with this is where did the redheads and blondes come from? When dark people breed then over a period of time the darker strain becomes more dominant and any lighter strain would die out. It is a mystery.

LHG

• upside/down
    upside/down

No but them black dudes got zuchinnis for schlongs. Lucky bastards...

u/d (of the short shriveled and always to the left class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit