Give me ONE good reason why Adam could not have been black?

by nicolaou 57 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

apparently, once you go black, you never go back???? i wouldn't know, of course. But i was under the impression that Adam was "redskinned" as the name means "from the earth"? and Job was oriental???just asking, that's all.

Dee

• talesin
    talesin

love11

I thought about it, and the Scandinavian countries and such would appear to confirm that. I wasn't upset, thought it was funny. But, now that I think about it, the aboriginal peoples here in the North have black hair and eyes and are swarthy. So, I dunno! It's an interesting thought, though. :)

144001 et al

Well, no, it wasn't Gary Coleman. EWWWWW! Being in my forties, and single most of my life, I have had a few lovers. Two of them were African-Canadian, and how shall I say this delicately? Ahh, there was nothing exceptional about their physiques. Besides, size really doesn't matter. As they say, "it is not the size of your army, but the force of the attack".

So, I have to go on my personal experience ...

t

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's why Adam was black:

It's funny how the bible tells about how multiple languages started. Those dudes were building the Empire State Building. Now, just because God hates buildings, he makes them start talking in multiple languages.

So now, we get to the book of Nosferatu, which was left out of the bible because it wasn't politically correct ;)

Nosferatu 3:7-14:

Now it came that the men of Jerusalediah had formed a decision to bring back the paradise erf that once existed. The men came together, formed an organization they called Organization X, and began planting seeds, importing animals, and harvesting lovely fruit trees. They called the paradise project "The Garden of E Thang". They declared world peace to each other and put aside their differences.

God got pissed off, because he's the only one who can restore the earth to paradise, so he changed the skin colors of everyone. When the people saw that they were different in skin color, they separated and developed a hate for each other. A hate that Jehovah himself felt. He then commanded the man known as Jamal Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, "Kill Kill Kill the white man!" Jamal has since credited Jehovah with the invention of the blow dart gun, and the alpha of gangsta shit.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I ran this by my friend who has a doctorate in optics. He told me it was really simple. White actually contains all the colors of the spectrum so the "original man" had to be white. No other color would have all the other components to produce the variety that white can....

See, its really simple if you ask the right person..

Dang, if it were only that simple..

carmel

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

What if the story of Adam is a fairy tale? People that write fairy tales can make their fictional character any color they want to...kind of like Barney the purple dinosaur

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

I think it's highly possible Adam could have been anywhere from very dark black to pale, simply depending on the melanin content in his skin. I'm somewhat inclined to personally think he may have been somewhat brown, but then I know I could be wrong, but it doesn't make any difference to me.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

As far as I know, he could have been covered al over with fur too....

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Because he's a fictitious character from an ancient myth. You might as well ask: "Why could Hercules not have been gay?" Or "Did Prometheus talk with a slight lisp?"

There are too many different alleles in the human gene pool for us to be descended from a single pair of humans 6000 years ago. It would require an incredibly fast rate of evolution, for which there is no evidence.

• love11
    love11

I agree with funkyderek. It's kind of like having a serious discussion about who would win in a fight- Wolverine or the Hulk? hehehe lol

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Besides, size really doesn't matter. As they say, "it is not the size of your army, but the force of the attack".

Not so true really...IMO... I think that the statement above is one of the things that small sized boys are taught so that they do not feel so bad. It is kind of like the tale that young girls are told that "more than a mouthful is a waste," or really "it is all about what is on the inside that counts." IMO it is size and force that make a difference.

As shallow as this may seem, I did see a news clip this morning that said that below average looking people get 9 percent less pay than average people and I think it was a 5 percent increase in pay that the "beautiful looking people" receive.

Yes I agree that it is what is on the inside that counts, but it is a shame that MOST people do not look that deep on first glance and unfortunately, the small appendages do not make such a big impact upon entry as larger ones.

At any rate..I do not think that Adam can be concidered black or white based on his "under the fig leaf." Based on my experience...size does not change based on color. We would have better luck figuring it out by upside/down's comment on "taking a rib from a black man"...or sixofnine's on "watermelons not growing on trees." Which were both quite funny by the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit