How Would You Feel If A Poster Just Vanished?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Yah, I noticed yesterday that he was conspicuous by his absence, and I thought you hit the nail on the head with your first post earlier today, JH.

Hey MIN!!!

I know you're reading this --- you, you, you ... Yankee! Y'all come back now, ya hear?

t

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Does anyone know what has become of Yerusalim?

• startingover
    startingover

I miss the musings of Terry.

Funny, I just thought about Shotgun the other day.

This thread reminds me of something that happened to me last year. I had a customer who became a friend, not a close friend but someone who would stop by every 6 months or so. One morning I was reading the obituaries and there was his name. He had died suddenly. It occurred to me if I had been out of town for a few days and missed that I would not have known he died. We didn't have mutual friends that would have told me what happened.

It could easily happen online.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Minimus is the one that Vanished

Oh irony of ironies

• bem
    bem

shotgun was in chat for like this ___long the other morning he has puter gliches. so I think he at least knows we miss him.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

minimus went and got a freakin life without telling us!

he's probably sunning his hairy butt in a warm tropical place this weekend and didnt invite US!

OOOOOOO he's in trouble!!

• qwerty
    qwerty

The longer a person's been 'active' on the JWD the more they'll be missed I guess. Let me think ermmmmm............ I've not check but what about Dmouse, Rayzorblade, just to name two. Like GermanXJW said ......................

But the danger is to stay in this virtual zone without ever meeting anyone in real life.

Get to an Apostafest. Englishmans BBQ for example (Sat 9th July, drop Eman a PM if you are not sure of the invite), it's my 3rd time this year and it's been a pleasure to meet many off this board, both from far and away! GermanXJW included- I won't make a list. Qwerty

• somebody
    somebody

I have missed many people who I've talked to online who just disappeared. I always believed that they weren't supposed to be talking to me online to begin with because those were the only people who disappered. Besides the one who passed one too and that's why I never heard from him, the other people should not have been talking to me about what they were talking to me about.

And the one person who truly mattered to me even though we lost contact for approx 18 years and I thought for sure would never talk to me again once I confessed that I am what he would have considered to be "an apostate", never stopped talking to me and never lost contact with me.

But YES,I did feel a true and heartfelt sadness when a couple of people just vanished that I used to talk to as posters online. And I do miss a few posters who just disappered from this board with no warning or should i say without a goodbye? It has happened over the years I have been here.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm here with a nice tan, thankyou!

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Good to see your return from temporary paradise~!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit