How Would You Feel If A Poster Just Vanished?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Hi Everyone, I am sorry I have not posted in a long time. I have no exuse except a busy schedule these last few months. It's funny I noticed this post minimus, because I am just checking in after a very long time away from this board. I guess I needed to be away from th JW subject for awhile

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

If I'm the poster that vanished, and I have vanished a couple of times, I find that I miss the intellectual stimulation. Friendships???? I don't know. Without the personal connections, it's hard for me to develop deep friendships. Also, it just seems like those that I do consider friends will be there when I come back.

Most of the people that are missing are the ones I enjoyed debating with. It's hard to be a debater on this board without being labeled as a troublemaker. For that reason, I'm suprised that Abaddon is still around but I'm happy that he is. There are others who don't mind speaking rationally and intelligently but still push the limit of our JW trained conciences and I think that's where the best healing occurs.

Here's to all those who come and go making our world a kalidescope of colorful friends.

TimB

• fairchild
    fairchild
    dont have unprotected sex with infectious people!

NOW you're telling me.

Although JWD is the only real discussion board I frequent, I do hang out at poetry sites quite often. It is amazing how people come and go, and how they are often forgotten in a heartbeat. I miss Fleur.

• Badger
    Badger

"Vanished" as in didn't post

or

"Vanished" as in rapture-style, right in front of me?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"It's hard to be a debater on this board"

Oh, but if you get a good grip on your technique, you'll be a master debator.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Oh, but if you get a good grip on your technique, you'll be a master debator.

heh heh. you said "master debator."

laters

kaykay_mp

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Ha ha ha. Grip......I get it.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    How Would You Feel If A Poster Just Vanished?

Well I wouldnt blame them an ounze, some are being forced to vanish just lately that dont deserve to be treated that way.

brummie

• Xena
    Xena

The people I want to stay in touch with I know how to get hold of if I need to....beyond that? People come and go..I do miss the comments of certain individuals but understand if they no longer feel the need to post or stay in touch anymore.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Maybe your favorite posters aren't posting anymore, but hey, who knows...

Maybe and quite possibly they're hangin' around reading this thread. Maybe there's just a lot going on and they want to just observe.

Just remind them how much you miss them and care about them via pm and have faith that they're still there.

peace

blackswan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit