How Would You Feel If A Poster Just Vanished?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

When leaving the JW you lose most of your former acquaintances. It is a very good thing to have a virtual meeting zone like JWD. But the danger is to stay in this virtual zone without ever meeting anyone in real life. You can feel close to people you would not recognize if they pass you on the street. You would not have the experience of meeting them in a decade and say "Hi, I remember you, we had long discussions on JWD."

So, when a poster I like to read just vanishes I feel sad. It is like he is gone forever. And that is the reason I am still surfing regularly at JWD. .

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'd think they've gone back to being JWs.

Then again, they leave and others come take their place. It's the way it is in this cyber world.

DY

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I am sure that many want to get rid of me

ah hah! hah! hah!

-Eduardo

• JH
    JH

Did you vanish Minimus?

Did you write this thread, because you knew YOU would vanish???

• jgnat
    jgnat

Outlaw. I missed him terribly and bowled him over with my hugs and kisses when he reappeared. I thought he had been eaten by bears.

Proplog once announced the "end of the world" then went missing after the due date. I thought he had passed over to the "other side", and I was very concerned. He showed up again about six months later. Perhaps he had hoped we had forgotten his oops. I didn't!

On the other hand, I loathe dramatic exits. I always thought if I had decided to leave I would fade out quietly without much fanfare.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

What the heck ever happened to SC_Guy? Loved chatting with him, and one day he was just...gone. It sucks, because he just lived up the road from me, last I knew, so we used to talk about hitting Moody's together. I sincerely hope all is well with him.

I regularly vanish for a few days or weeks, the last time being from some major family stuff going on (three deaths, and some other issues), which took up a lot of my energy, plus I've been doing badly, healthwise. But I always come back eventually, because you guys are so damned interesting/funny/infuriating/touching/adorable.

• JH
    JH

Nobody grasped the message........?

Minimus is the one that Vanished

• kls
    kls

Good Question JH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MINI , WHERE IS YOU ?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yep =- I think minimus was being prophetic - he ha svanished or is making a point

• under74
    under74

Where the hell is frenchbabyface? I don't know how long minimus has been MIA but fbf has been missing for weeks now.
    Do you think her and minimus are together?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit