How Would You Feel If A Poster Just Vanished?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Can you imagine suddenly never hearing from Gumby, Blondie, Metatron or Simon again? Think about never hearing from your favorite poster or online friend.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

For years I got email from someone that sent out a joke of the day. We corresponded a little bit. I was not in his inner circle but I was a friend. He did not send anything for a few days. I later got an email from his family telling me he died in a car wreck at 37. They did not know me, I very much appreciated knowing.

We get very attached to ones online. I try to get email addresses, and physical addresses of ones that I am close to. For a long time I would not develop close online friendships until I know I could get in touch other than the intenet.

When a site goes down, you can lose touch. Better get emails from each other.

purps

• upside/down
    upside/down

I "disappeared" for a week and I got a pm from someone (you know who you are) on JWD asking how I was. 20 years loyal service to the bOrg and it's an "apostate" who notices and inquires as to my well being.... can we say "good Samaritan"?

A "true" shepherd, if there was ever one!

u/d (of the it's nice to be missed class)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes min - suddenly having no more of your questions - it would leave an empty feeling on this board

• Englishman
    Englishman

I must confess to being quite upset when Philo suddenly disappeared. We'd become good friends and enjoyed a few beers together. I know his g/f had been DF'd and was trying to get back in so that she could keep her family. He suddenly stopped posting and changed his mobile number, so I guess he didn't want to be found. I hope he's OK.

Englishman.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Where's shotgun?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I'm sure I would go unnoticed.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I'd notice, Classy.

J

• rocketman
    rocketman

It did sort of happen with someone here who I had been e-mailing with and chatting online with. Then her computer went down. Then poof!, gone for about 3 months only to resurface here with one thread, a couple of comments, but no more e-mails or online log-ins. Then she vanished again and hasn't posted here for over two years.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

HEY! i will not tolerate any of my imaginary friends vanishing!

keep your internet bill paid , dont download damaging viral files, dont drink and drive, dont age, dont run with scissors, dont have unprotected sex with infectious people!

thats an ORDER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit