recommend some new music

by tijkmo 66 Replies latest jw friends

• G Money
    G Money

Bust out of the mold...

Look into popular music in other countries. Look at the European music scene. If you like Reggae and Hip Hop with a Spanish flair, try Reggaeton.

• professor
    professor

Get into electronic music. You can explore and get a sample of all at Iskkur's Guide to Electronic Music! (Flash required)

• avishai
    avishai

Drive by truckers.

floater. These guys have a big west coast following. Should be wayyy bigger than they are.

http://www.floatermusic.com/

• prophecor
    prophecor

Coldplay: A Rush of Blood to the Head & Parachutes

• Dansk
    Dansk

I actually enjoy many different forms of music but, of late, have become more and more interested in New Age. Mainly, this type of music is used for relaxation and for anyone seriously interested in getting into meditation mode or to receive healing, such as from a Reiki practitioner - or just to really chill out at home - I would heartily recommend it. Just as in all music spheres, there are good and not so good artists. One CD I particularly play over and over is Buddha Nature by Deuter. He is an excellent artist.

Ian

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

My favorite bands/artists:

Jethro Tull, Rush, Smashing Pumpkins, Joe Satriani, Ron Hawkins (Lowest of the Low, Rusty Nails, and solo stuff - great Canadian music), and the recent William Shatner record will knock your socks off.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I was listening to Afro Celt Sound Machine earlier this morning...quite a difference from my normal taste but excellent trippy stuff to say the least.

DB

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hi Ian

I think ive got a rough idea what you listen to.Mainly prog rock i think?

Well,check out an Icelandic band called Sigur ros..absolutely beautiful ..very influenced by radiohead and maybe a bit of Bjork too.

Also if you like Mercury rev try the Polyphonic spree and the Flaming lips.Also Granddaddy are great!"God speed you black emperor"are another goodie!Also how about .....and you will know us by the trail of dead!!

Whatever you choose..enjoy mate!

(Leolaia,im very intrigued by your suggestions and will check em out myself!Thanks.)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Proph - I love Coldplay!

Another one I've recently fallen for is "Patty Griffin". Love her voice! Folksy, blues.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

One CD i bought last year was by Cara Dillon who is an irish folk singer....amazing voice...again a break from my normal taste but good stuff.

For a taster see below for MP3 and real player samples.

http://www.caradillon.co.uk/audio.html#

DB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit