recommend some new music

by tijkmo 66 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie

i've been listening to a lot of old misfits stuff (before danzig left, of course). i wouldn't say it's 'new' but who cares...it kicks ass.

umm...you should also check out the distillers. they'll kick yer teeth in. the lead singer sounds like janis joplin on speed. er...i mean, on more speed.

• Bas
    Bas

At this very moment I'm listening to Bush's "razorblade suitcase" (all the tricks of the trade)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

thanx guys for all your suggestions...i will check out as much as i can....keep them coming..

fleaman...have some flaming lips and grandaddy..good stuff...have heard some p spree but bit put off by their smocks....going to see porcupine tree nx week

oasis new cd is called....dont believe the truth...we should all buy it if only for the title...could be their breakthrough in usa if we do

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Clockwise, Unloco, Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Kilgore Smudge, Fear Factory, Times Expired, Gorilla Biscuits, Warzone, Arms Bend Back....just a quick few to listen to.

• Bas
    Bas

I could also recommend "come find yourself" by "the fun lovin' criminals" And "by the way" by the "red hot chillie peppers"

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

tijkmo

Have you listened to Modest Mouse, check out The Moon and Antartica, I think you'll find it right up your street.

steve.

P.S. the Lamb is my one of the best albums ever writen, IMHO.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    steve.

P.S. the Lamb is my one of the best albums ever writen, IMHO.

well you're wrong...the lamb is the best album ever written.....going to see it performed by uk genesis tribute band called the musical box at the end of the month

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Hey dude! Another Lamb lover here. Definitely my fave album of all time

Most of my suggestions have already been posted - Tool, Modest Mouse, At the drive-in, The Arcade Fire, The Shins, Snow Patrol.

A few other suggestions are - Nada Surf, Type O Negative, System Of A Down, Yo La Tengo, Dandy Warhols. I'm into a bit of interesting electronica at the mo' as well by Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada and Four Tet.

Just off to ride the scree,

Rael, imperial aerosol kid.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I've recently got into Bloc Party and Interpol. I do like Four Tet's new album too.

-

Ignored One.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Im also enjoying the kaiser chiefs and QOTSA new Cd,s at the moment.Not forgetting Kasabian and (its been out for a while) American Idiot by Green Day..awesome CD and very aware...my personal fave of the last 6 Months or so....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit