recommend some new music

by tijkmo 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Lately, I've been into some bands that are quite underrated, and some that aren't popular here, such as Saigon Kick and Nightwish. I've also gotten into a lot of T.Rex.

If you want good Canadian bands, check out Headpins, Honeymoon Suite, Helix, Queen City Kids, Streetheart, Harlequin.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

listening to the the thrills..lets bottle bohemia.....right at this moment..triff

• Bas
    Bas

that's a whole lot of bands in this thread I never heard of. I was planning on buying the new Greenday album, and i might get this "Lamb" album at

the same time, but...Who is it by?

BTW I think the latest Coldplay CD is sweet!

Bas

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the lamb lies down on broadway....genesis masterpeice 1974....gabriel at his lyrical best...rutherford banks hacket at their musically creative best...phil collins drumming is like hes playing a part of the tune not just the beat...

• lilbit
    lilbit

Trace Adkins, Gretchen Wilson,..... Yeah I know Im a redneck

• avishai
    avishai
    i've been listening to a lot of old misfits stuff (before danzig left, of course). i wouldn't say it's 'new' but who cares...it kicks ass.

There's a lot of "punk cred" associated with the old stuff and so people won't even give the stuff with the second singer Michale Graves a chance. But he has a GREAT voice, the music is better produced, the guys actually learned to play their instruments.......I'm not knocking early misfits, but, "Famous monsters" is a fantastic album. Michale graves other stuff, "Graves" and "gotham road" is also really good

Any Psychobilly fans? How 'bout Tiger Army? They're REALLY good. So are the Nekromantix.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Man its so great to hear so many of you have awesome taste in music!!

GBL

• doogie
    doogie
    There's a lot of "punk cred" associated with the old stuff and so people won't even give the stuff with the second singer Michale Graves a chance. But he has a GREAT voice, the music is better produced, the guys actually learned to play their instruments......

yeah, i liked Famous Monsters a lot too. but to me, it's just a completely different band. i was trying to explain the nuances of the differences between Graves' Misfits and Danzig's to my girlfriend the other day. she didn't get it. she just said, "they're scary." women...

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I like the psychobilly alot, avishai. I was also stunned by your comment about Floater. I was under the impression that they are big here in Portland because they're from Portland. (They play @ my work all the time). I had no idea that they were big elsewhere too. Great band. Angles In The Flesh...Devils In The Bone is a awesome record. Have you heard Old Crow Medicine Show?

-Breck

• avishai
    avishai

Old crow medicine show. Nope, are they from p-town?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit