I WENT TO THE MEMORIAL LAST NIGHT.....

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Wow, so does the Bible definately confirm Judas was present and partook? How does WTS get around thia anomaly??

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

No...I can't stomach it anymore and since my hubbie and I are perfectly happy having NOTHING to do with the JW's, we just don't feel the need to go. But if I had gone...I would have been one those "elderly" persons snoring

Your "report" from the memorial was pretty funny (and sad at the same time) and really described the whole feel of being there. Thanks!

Cathy L. "Thank You For Your Support"

• observador
    observador

"I remember them going to GREAT lengths to show that Jesus initiated the memorial AFTER Judas had been given his walking papers yet the combined gospels accounts clearly contradicts this showing Judas was still there and only left AFTERWARDS which seemed to me a good indication of how they value their doctrinal myths above what the bible actually plainly states."

zen,

you're right. I remember that.

I wrote an article in PORTUGUESE on this very subject: http://www.observandoomundo.com/artigo.php?cod=66

For those who may be wondering about that doctrine, see the book The Greatest Man, stories 113 and 114.

Observador.

• Maverick
    Maverick

My GF went to the thing and all I can say is that she came over afterward spent the night. It must have had a very profound impact on her! Great job WTS!

Based on last night I wish they would have them things three times a week!

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

There were "apostates" at the Memorial here.

In fact, they not only attended the rather large Memorial here, but one even got a hold of the 'emblems' (idols) and was passing them around to other "apostates". And these "apostates" are the biggest "apostates" in the city!!!

I know this because I was there to see it.

The "apostate" was me.

How did I get the emblems? Simple. I was a server.

It was all I could do to keep from busting a gut, laughing as I passed the emblems to the other "apostates" that attended. As we made eye contact I had to look away or else I would have burst out like a hyaena and fallen to the floor rolling in tears of laughter.

Did we gulp the wine? No. Poor home made swill. Rather, after the 'celebration', we went back to my place and cracked open a few bottles of good stuff and made a late night. Took pics & all.

Getting up today AM was tough. I needed a nap mid-afternoon.

Overall, it was a good Memorial season. I guess you could say it was Memorable..!!!

Looking forward to next season with eager anticipation.

Note: I just got a phone call during this post from one of the the other "apostates" to say thanks for the evening and to tell me about the fallout. What a cult. And as far as us being the biggest "Apostates" in town, I know we take that prize without doubt.

Disclaimer: All quotes in italic refer not to the actual meaning of the word but rather to the twisted and bastardized version found within Watchtowerism's obtuseness.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    How did I get the emblems? Simple. I was a server.

LOL...apocalypse...I like your style.

SNG

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:we went back to my place and cracked open a few bottles of good stuff and made a late night. Took pics & all.

What pills were you taking? Man I actually would have gone to the memorial if it were with you guys.. nice.

GBL

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Interesting experience Mary, and yes I hope that you are correct that their waters are drying up.

Funny, the Memorial was one of many JW red flags that went up for me (and like all the others I ignored it), I thought it was such a strange and lifeless little ceremony, and yet this was supposed to be the most important event on the JW calendar and I was supposed to be inviting everybody I knew - WTF?? Are you kidding? Is this a joke?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Naw, I didn't go for the .... 27th(?) year in a row? I went to bed at 7:30 instead.

The talk made absolutely no mention of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsamine, Peter's denial, Judas' betrayal, Jesus arrest, his trial before the Sanhedrin, his flogging, the trek to Calvary, His death or his resurrection---nothing.
    Maybe they felt that Mel Gibson had already covered it well enough that they didn't need to rehash it.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    I'll show friendly interest & ask a lot of hard questions over for as many weeks as he'll listen. I'll try to witness to him but I'll probably get eaten alive. You never know, I might just sow a seed of doubt for the future.

jaff:

I've found one good way to handle the Witnesses if you're not sure how to respond is to read the entire book when they quote a scripture. Say the elder says look here at Matt. 24:14. You can always respond that you would rather read the entire chapter 24 of Matthew to get it in context. Usually, there will be a scripture or two that sheds light on what is being said and the Bible has a way of refuting what they say on its own. Of course, they are blind so you usually have to point out the discrepancy for them and then admire the deer caught in the headlights look prior to the elder moving on to another scripture or point rather than addressing yours.

Isn't that crazy how they manage come between family and friends. They are so afraid that you might actually be able to beat your friend into reality!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit