I WENT TO THE MEMORIAL LAST NIGHT.....

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    he actually made mention that Jesus dying for us was a "free gift". But, this "free gift" from Jesus doesn't come cheap! Nosiree-bob! You can only get any benefit from it by studying with Jehovah's Witlesses and selling your soul to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Strange, isn't it, that one the one hand it can be a "free gift" and with the other, you have to earn it!!

They've missed out on reading Romans, haven't they?

• Apathy
    Apathy
    But, this "free gift" from Jesus doesn't come cheap! Nosiree-bob! You can only get any benefit from it by studying with Jehovah's Witlesses and selling your soul to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. And if you are interested in obtaining everlasting life, please talk with one of the attendents after the prayer, and we'll make sure that a drone for the Borg qualified minister sets up a bible study. You can just imagine the stampede that ensued afterwards.

-dies laughing- My fifteenth(?) time attending.. kept falling asleep, too bad I was sitting in the front row. A gothic girl across from me kept rolling her eyes and muttering the whole time, it seemed her family dragged her along, I think they're studying? right now. Fun. The whole time my mom kept poking me and I finally managed to pry my eyes open long enough for the passing of the graham crackers and grape juice unlevened bread and wine.

Fortunately, I managed to make a quick escape afterwards, and hid out in the car until a sister? came to give me some clothes, rammed the side of our car with her door, and left a huge mark. She then stood in front of it to hide it while talking to my mom, never mentioning it at all. -smirk-

Anyway, the KH was more full than usual, thanks in part to everyone who's ever talked to a JW being dragged in. One inactive? boy brought along his unbelieving? girlfriend, who was even wearing skintight leather pants. o.o; She was, of course, bombarded with love. But, all in all, our lovely little coven congregation seems to be shrinking, not growing. Oh, 'tis a shame, a terrible shame.

Oh... my first post on here. <3 'Thy

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Welcome, Apathy!

SNG

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome Apathy. you sound like a very knowing young woman. I look forward to more of your posting.

Leslie

• mouthy
    mouthy

there was a good deal of reverential mention of Jesus and not too much about the WBTS.

Would love to attend THAT service..... Never in 25 years did I hear talk like that at a Kingdom Hell.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

there was a good deal of reverential mention of Jesus and not too much about the WBTS.

Would love to attend THAT service..... Never in 25 years did I hear talk like that at a Kingdom Hell.

The same thought went through my mind as I read that too. I also thought that the speaker would be following a scripted talk thus proving the WTS supposed "unity". I'm not saying it didn't happen, but this would have been mighty strange.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit