I WENT TO THE MEMORIAL LAST NIGHT.....

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

And I think that the WTS's "waters are drying up". We had two congregations meet and the Hall still wasn't full!

I noticed a change in the talk from last year. For the last 2 or 3 years, the talk has focused exclusively on the "identity" of the 144,000 with scant mention of Jesus. This year's talk didn't devote nearly as much time to this, although they still barely mentioned Jesus. This year's talk revolved around what sinful shit-for-brain humans we all are, and how we needed to get back what Adam and Evil lost for us, when they went off their diet and ate that damn apple. They jumped all over the place reading scriptures showing how you have to balance out what was lost and they read from Genesis, Exodus, Psalms, more Psalms, Ecclesiastes, Malachi, 1 Timothy (I think) and of course Revelation. While it was a departure from last year's talk, it was still incredibly boring and useless. If I were a newbie, I'd think "oh my god, how pathetic."

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought it was boring, because at one point, we were trying not to laugh because an elderly brother was asleep in the back row, snoring.

The talk made absolutely no mention of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsamine, Peter's denial, Judas' betrayal, Jesus arrest, his trial before the Sanhedrin, his flogging, the trek to Calvary, His death or his resurrection---nothing. But there was time to give names of some of the annointed that the speaker had known at Bethel! Finally, he actually made mention that Jesus dying for us was a "free gift".

But, this "free gift" from Jesus doesn't come cheap! Nosiree-bob! You can only get any benefit from it by studying with Jehovah's Witlesses and selling your soul to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. And if you are interested in obtaining everlasting life, please talk with one of the attendents after the prayer, and we'll make sure that a drone for the Borg qualified minister sets up a bible study. You can just imagine the stampede that ensued afterwards.

Anyone else go last night?

• franklin J
    franklin J

I missed this milestone event for the 25th year ( in a row!)

oh, darn......I guess I have to hang around for another year.....

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

yes i went and quite enjoyed it.Sorry People but the Hall was packed ,People were genuinely pleased to see my "worldly" GF and i and there was a relaxed atmosphere all Evening.Oh and youll hate this bit..there was a good deal of reverential mention of Jesus and not too much about the WBTS.

I will go again next Year.

• justhuman
    justhuman

This years Memorial was like last year. The talk again was focused on the "Heavenly Class" and the Great Crowd that is going to live on earth, and they spend much time trying to support this idea, jumping from Revelation to Isaia and Psalms getting Bible passages from Old to New Testament in order to convised people that they are correct.

Just a few words about Jesus(I thought that the Memorial was about JESUS and not the 144.000) And in the end the speaker urged those who are not JW's to start a Bible Study in order to survive Armageddon!!!

It seems that the leadership of WT has run out of ideas and they have NOTHING to give to their "flock" anymore, besides unfullfield promises...

I finished this post with 2 simple Bible passages that give to us the real meaning of Christianity and Jesus Memorial:

John 6:53 "Indeed, I assure you, if you do not eat the FLESH of the son of man, and drink HIS BLOOD you have no Life in your selves.

Revelation 19:1 After these things I heard a loud voice of a great crowd IN HEAVEN, saying HALLELUJAH...

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

This is the first I ever missed...and I feel great!!!!!!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The talk made absolutely no mention of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsamine, Peter's denial, Judas' betrayal, Jesus arrest, his trial before the Sanhedrin, his flogging, the trek to Calvary, His death or his resurrection---nothing. But there was time to give names of some of the annointed that the speaker had known at Bethel!

I have come to realize that over the years that the WTS has shown it's tendency to show its anti-christ side. The less focus o Jesus even at the memorial (talks and actions) when THIS time would be THE most appropriate to do so!

But, this "free gift" from Jesus doesn't come cheap! Nosiree-bob! You can only get any benefit from it by studying with Jehovah's Witlesses and selling your soul to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Every meeting is an infomercial for the WTS, even funerals. It's not until you get away from it. do you realize how pervasive this is.

Annie

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I have not been since my last one in 1990

but someone tell me if they ever noticed this:

I remember them going to GREAT lengths to show that Jesus initiated the memorial AFTER Judas had been given his walking papers

yet the combined gospels accounts clearly contradicts this showing Judas was still there and only left AFTERWARDS

which seemed to me a good indication of how they value their doctrinal myths above what the bible actually plainly states.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Anyone else go last night?
    I went last night for my wife. It was the longest 45 minutes I ever spent. Found myself twitching and looking at my watch a lot. What I took note of was the speed that the bread and wine were passed around. It looked more like a race to see how quick they could get it done rather than a solemn event. The mini commercial at the end was nice also. They had to mention every meeting and the times. He also had a "special announcement" to thank those new ones that came and urged them to approach an attendant after the meeing to sign up for a "free" home bible book study. I guess this is the one time in the year when they can try to increase their market share with a captive audience.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

just human, oops missed my post. just to thank you for those verses, can't wait to see my JW friend, wow.

zen nudist, my 1st ever visit to KH last night, my 1st ever meeting with an elder tommorow. Yeah, in the chat before the service, some nice bloke went on and on about the 11 Apostles. Why is this such a big deal then?

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

I went to the memorial last night and it was the first time in 7 years that I had stepped foot into the Kingdom Hall. Same old reteric as before, you get such a better view of their teaching methods (brainwashing?) when you are looking in from the outside. I couldnt stop thinking how could I have blindly accepted everything they use to shove down my throat. Funny how they have a big push to get newbies, disfellowed ones and the lost sheep to the hall for the memorial and then by the way how bout a free bible study or better yet come back agian next week for a brand new discourse on blah, blah, blah. By brand new we mean same old recyeled material with a new twist and by new twist we mean we now see something in a new light. And by new light we mean we just decieded to change the rules based on a coin toss which landed on heads.

Another memorial has passed, I believe the speaker said 8500 or so annoited were left. Anyone know for sure what was said. You figure they would list the remaining annotied numbers in each Watchtower sort of like a countdown clock to the big day. Arrmaggedon is almost here- better take us up on the free bible study, we are your last hope.

Clayton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit