I WENT TO THE MEMORIAL LAST NIGHT.....

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Our hall wasnt packed by any means but there were a good number more this year than last. Attendence was 11% higher this year for us. Last year was about 10% lower than usual. net increase of 1% over average.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    I remember them going to GREAT lengths to show that Jesus initiated the memorial AFTER Judas had been given his walking papers

yet the combined gospels accounts clearly contradicts this showing Judas was still there and only left AFTERWARDS

Is there an explanation of this that I can read somewhere? I would LOVE to read it.

Thanks,

-ithinkisee

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

If they cannot honor Christ on the one night of the year that they claim to be in honor of his wishes, why do it at all? It's just another sales meeting afterall.

J

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

jaffacake wrote:

my 1st ever meeting with an elder tommorow

So... Do tell. What is this about a meeting with an elder?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The attendance wasn't that good in the congregation I attend either. Many seats empty. People looked bored too. When the talk was over, the clapping was so weak!

I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance in general is less than last year's.

DY

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL yall clapped? We didnt even clap.... well there wasnt really a place to clap the talk was over, the thing from the branch was read, then the song was sung.

Maybe your brother solicited an applause by saying "this concludes our memorial celebration (pausesssssssssssssssssssss) clap, clap, clap,

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I knew nothing about JWs 6 months ago, except my friend since childhood & his wife have been getting more & more into it. I started researching Bible, Watchtower history & realised the danger. I stepped in too late. His wife gets baptised on sunday, and him in June. I made the mistake of giving him a 20 page dossier of my research & questions & invited him to read & get some answers for me. Before he could read it his wife handed it over to elders, since then (January) I was cut off. I'm now showing interest in JWs & went to memorial last night. Me & my friend went out for a meal but ended up arguing (apologies exchanged this morning) My friends congregation are making him keep me at arms length & they passed my dossier to an elder from a diff cong, nearer to my home to meet with me, tomorrow. (He showed up once when I was out & my catholic wife sent him packing, lol.

I'll show friendly interest & ask a lot of hard questions over for as many weeks as he'll listen. I'll try to witness to him but I'll probably get eaten alive. You never know, I might just sow a seed of doubt for the future.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Nope, didn't go... but after your "review" I feel like I didn't miss a thing! Thanks Mary, errr, I think...

• Swan
    Swan

I don't remember the exact year of the last time I went, but I DAed in January, 1994. For a couple or a few years prior to that I let my family think I went to my Hall. I told the people at my Hall I went to the one at my brother's Hall to be with family. I didn't go to either.

Tammy

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    zen nudist, my 1st ever visit to KH last night, my 1st ever meeting with an elder tommorow. Yeah, in the chat before the service, some nice bloke went on and on about the 11 Apostles. Why is this such a big deal then?

it seems to revolve around the distinction unique to JWs that only the CHOSEN member of the NEW COV. or ANNOINTED may partake of the bread and wine.....

which means that Judas would not have been given such by Jesus as Jesus KNEW he would not be part of the NEW COV. etc...in JW mythology, when the bible clearly indicates otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit