Were you invited to the Memorial?

by JH 51 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

Funny, My parents sent my sister an invite (even though we live literally across the country) It said something like "May your Love for Jehovah move you to attend" Alas, I was not so privileged to receive an invite, as I am the "angry one" according to them, so they never ever bring it up with me.

• Pwned
    Pwned

my parents always invite me but of course i never go.

Well I am going to go this year just because it has not been a year since my last meeting. I don't know what next year will bring. Its a tough battle between God and Family. I just don't(and need) want hell right now but I will stand my ground and be firm with my choices.

I dont know your circumstances but i used to go years ago to the memorial or a meeting here and there just to make my parents happy but i found that it just gave them false hope

• dh
    dh

not invited, won't be invited. i might invite some memorial goers not to go though.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Could someone tell me the date? I am in need of a glass of wine.

Puternut

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

nope no invites here either....

My parents have never invited me not in the 17 years that I've been disfellowshipped. I really found it odd that they never even invited my children the whole time they were growing up. Shouldn't they have some kind of blood guilt?

A sister had been comming over and have a study with me but, she quit coming when I showed her the info I found on the UN issue. So I doubt that she will come by now and invite me. Just like that she stoped comming over..I don't think I'm even a return visit anymore. It's been months...

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

My mom told me when it was and told me I should go. Then, she looked up the address to a KH in my city and emailed it to me. I told her I wasn't going to go, and she didn't say anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

The other side of the question:

Has anyone ever been told not to come?

• minimus
    minimus

nada

• jaredg
    jaredg

my mom asked me about 2 months ago if i wanted to go with them to the memorial coming up...i told her i'd go but have since changed my mind. she hasn't mentioned anything about it since. this will be the first memorial that i have not attended in MY WHOLE LIFE!!!

• chrissee
    chrissee

I didn't get an 'official' invite.

I posted a message on a family forum I run in msn groups about spring being so many days away, then my mom emailed me that the memorial was so many days away...I consider that just an 'unofficial' invite.

....but I'm not going .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit