Were you invited to the Memorial?

by JH 51 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Such warmth and love Pole ... I'm surprised you didn't run right off your front porch back into the arms of ... the braindead, manipulated, controlled, robotic, stupified congregation of conditional lovers of the living gods (GB).

tsk, tsk, tsk (nodding my head in mock sadness)

• Gopher
    Gopher
    It's like they think we are obligated to attend. How silly is that?

On a long-distance phone call with my father (a JW elder), he told me "it's a commandment to attend the Memorial".

I wish he could show me where Jesus or any of the apostles said you must go with a group of others, into a building called a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, and refuse to eat wine and bread passed in front of you on Nisan 14.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I wish he could show me where Jesus or any of the apostles said you must go with a group of others, into a building called a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, and refuse to eat wine and bread passed in front of you on Nisan 14.

Good one G!

• Pole
    Pole

adelmaal,

It's like they think we are obligated to attend. How silly is that?

That's right. You can be a disfellowshipped pervert but that doesn't mean you can miss the memorial. The truth is many disfellowshipped folks are still mental slaves to the WTS and they take the whole blame. So many elders like to think they can exercise power over people who are technically not witnesses. That's what I think surprises them when they call a guy like me. "Spiritually weak" - oh yeah that happens? Not going to the memorial and not even lying about intending to go? That's just too hard to parse for the average elder.

Cheers,

Pole

• Purza
    Purza

Yes, by an old friend who wrote me a letter and extended an invitation (no strings attached). I wrote back and thanked her and told her that I knew where the KH's up where I live. I left it at that. At least I know she is thinking of me. My own parents have not offered the same invitation. Maybe they finally realize I won't go.

Purza

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Nope. They don't bother with us anymore. In fact...since we left, NO one has stopped by or called to invite us. It just has no meaning for me anyway...I don't think it ever did because I always thought it was unfair that some would get to go to "heaven" and others stayed on earth. I do remember the last time I went, maybe 4 years ago...it actually made me sick to my stomach to sit there among the people who had done so much harm to my son, his wife and the rest of my family. All I wanted to do was chug the wine, break up the "cracker" and hurl it at all the elder's.

I refuse to sit with "men of lies".

Cathy L.

• kls
    kls

They know better then to ask me . Shall we say i can have a really naughty mouth and the foam that spills outa my mouth as my eyes turn in my head really seems to scare the crap outa them.

• unique1
    unique1

Sort Of, my mom asked if I was going. From what I hear it is March 28th. Guess they still have a week to contact you.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Telling them all I read Crisis of Conscience right before disassociating will probably keep them away for a few decades.

I was going to call them and ask why I haven't been invited yet but after reading GBL's post I remembered that I told them they were apostates for believing the GB is still the FDS after they found out about the UN affiliation. I'm really going to miss the crackers and kool-aid samples they pass around.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Yes, a JW friend stopped by last Wednesday with an invitation. It was the first time someone from the KH stopped by since I quit going to the meetings 2 months ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit