Were you invited to the Memorial?

by JH 51 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Nope, but we have been invited to the Easter services at 4 local churches.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

nope.no invites here

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Yup-this past Sunday we recieved a visit. We didn't answer the door, as we were in the middle of an early dinner with our kids. Besides, I have been very vocal in the last few months about my feelings about the Watchtower, and I just wasn't in the mood for any confrontations. Funny thing-they must have felt funny about leaving it my paper box like they normally do-it must have been my "Stop Watchtower Abuse" sticker I just put on it this week! So the invite was in the door jam. And now I've been getting lots of phone calls since then that only say private name-private number on the caller ID. Hmmmmm-wonder who THAT could be! LOL

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

TooOpinionated: what is your status in the congregation?

GBL

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Nope, no invites yet, we'll see this Sunday am, maybe get a visit. I was really surprised at my mom, my hubby and I planned to attend her hall for memorial (we go for apperances sake). When I talked to her about it she was very vague, said she wasn't even sure herself where and when it was. I found this really, really hard to believe, she's in a small country hall, the only cong that goes there, so you know it'll be at 7pm. So I don't know exactly what we'll be doing this year. I might have to work late!

BB

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

We've not been DA'd or DF'd(unless it has been in the last month in abstensia, as that was the last time we actually talked to anyone), but decided that we don't care what happens anymore. Once we felt we could accept the label and the repercussions, we decided to go all out. We honestly couldn't live under the radar anymore-that was taking a bigger toll on us. Anyway, my husband even wore his new Silent Lamb tee shirt to work Saturday. Believe me, that was a biggie for us.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

You guys will probably be disfellowshiped in abstensia.. you arent going to write them a letter hey? BTW, way to quit.. lol

GBL

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Yes, we expect we will be. And no--no letter. That would be just too delicious for them, I won't oblige. I do feel sorry the couple here Sunday, though. This particular elder genuinely cares, and we know how much he hurts in all this. We appreciate all he tried to do, and will always remember him with great affection.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I know how that feels Opinionated.. I had a really sincere elder friend when I made one last stand in the org.. leaving for me really didnt have much to do with the individual people in the congregation. I know how sad that kind of stuff can make a person feel, seriously.

GBL

• Puternut
    Puternut

When is this Memorial this year? I am have been out of that loop for a while.

Puternut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit