Were you invited to the Memorial?

by JH 51 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Has anybody invited you to go to the memorial this year?

Do you expect to be invited?

Usually elders come over a few days before to invite me, but they didn't come yet....

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Mercifully, no elders yet except for an e-mail from a friend of ours in another congregation (see thread started by Big Tex), but if they come on Saturday they can have a slice of Evil Birthday Cake in honor of Jackson's 9th birthday and play in the bounce house with the kids!

Nina

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have been....

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I haven't been invited to anything since I was d'fd 7 years ago .... dey don't wub me no more

One Saturday they must have stopped by my house by mistake. They caught the plumber coming in the back door with some tools and tried to offer the mags. He said 'I don't live here - let me get the lady of the house'. When he yelled through the door "Jehovah Witnesses" I yelled back "WE DON'T WANT ANY"

er uh ... I don't think they'll be back

• xjwms
    xjwms

Does any one remember a couple of years ago when the KM came out and said that the elders were to call on those who were inactive before April 1st and invite them to the Memorial???????????????????

I do. And when April 2nd came around and no one called and no one showed up to invite me, I got the KM out and waved it at my active wife and said ... I guess I just do not count, even when ordered by the boys in New York.

Within a couple of days I had a message left by an elder who's book study I was assigned to. When I returned the call, All I said was YES I will be there , or there will be hell to pay at home.

• Pole
    Pole

An elder (my former book study conductor) phoned me yesterday.
    Elder: Hi, Pole, I thought we might meet some day to discuss things.
    Pole: What 'things'?
    Elder: Well, you know. You haven't been to a meeting for quite a time now (10 months with one exception).
    Pole: Well. Unless you have something very specific to discuss (and I meant a Judicial Committee - I think he got it), I don't really want to meet with you.
    Elder: But you will show up at the Memorial, right?
    Pole: Not really.
    Elder: Well then, bye.
    Pole: Bye.

Pole

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Naa, I don't expect it either. Telling them all I read Crisis of Conscience right before disassociating will probably keep them away for a few decades.

GBL

• Jodo
    Jodo

All the witnesses in my family moved away (do I smell or somefin' ? ), so I don't get invited anymore....

wooHOO!!! (for not getting invited, that is)

There's one elder I see most days at my kid's school. We both say `hello', but no invite has been forthcoming. He does know I haven't set foot in the hall for over 10 years though

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm sure they want to see me as much as I want to see them.

Walter

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Pole:

That's priceless. It's like they think we are obligated to attend. How silly is that?

I pretty much handled the elders the same way the last time they came to see me. They wanted to talk about my boyfriend, the holidays, etc. I told them I was not interested in attending meetings, going out in service or discussing my personal matters with them. They haven't been back since.

Boo hoo... No Memorial invite guilt trip for me this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit