Fuming, Angry, seething, seeing RED!!!!!!!!!!

by Gill 102 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avishai
    avishai
    so whenever she would see a parent getting distraught or angry with their crying/wriggling/misbehaving child she would go offer to take the little one for a bit and give them a break. Then she would stand in the back holding and rocking the baby

Me too!! But it was also 'cuz I've alway's loved kid's and also wanted a good reason to get up and walk around.

Heck, one of Michael Jackson's nephew's even spit up on me once. His sister Rebbie was sitting in front of me at a convention and I offered to hold the baby. Did'nt even know who it was til' later. Poor kid.

• trevor
    trevor

Gill

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is encouraging to many people on this site to know that it is possible to move on from fear and abuse and live a normal life. Often those who have done so have a greater understanding and deeper compassion than those who have had ideal lives.

I wish you all the best in life - never give up.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

One thing to consider:

In one sense this kind of Witness (witless) upbringing works in that it doesn't work.

The vast majority of JWs brought up like this leave, and of those only a TINY %-age returns.

Strange they keep quoting "bring up a boy etc" even tho the evidence is slapping them across the face that their way of indoctrinating kids don't work no more.

Recently I have been thinking of getting a social worker to pose at the meeting as an 'interested person' who phones the cops when a kid goes out for a beating. That would make Sunday AM interesting.

I wonder how long it will be before the WTS advises caution on beating children up in the Kingdom Hell.

Ever seen those cute baby chimps sitting good as gold in a dress or a little suit on a stool? Experts say a baby chimp would only sit like that if it had been brutalised to force it to. So don't be taken in at assemblies when you see little toddlers sitting like little angels, not even drawing or playing quietly.

HB

• indispair
    indispair

The word discipline means to teach. Spanking can be effective with some but not with others. If you do it all the time, too hard out of frustration it loses its effectiveness.

I actually worked for the Division of Family Services and saw uneducated people try this method. Their kids just disrespected them or feared them and waited until their backs were turned and did whatever they wanted to do again anyway. I also had to write a thesis paper for a psychology class so I did mine on the very topic of "At what age do we begin to look out for our own selfish intrests." Mind you I did not have a very big subject matter, only 200 children but this is what experiment I used to try and draw a conclusion about this.

I baked several same sized chocolate chip cookies and then purposely baked only a few really big chocolate chip cookies and then took them to several preschools and started with two year olds, then three, then four, then five. Two year olds did not notice, some did not even take a cookie at all. Three year olds took a cookie and ran off to play while eating it, some came back and asked for another one. One child only in the four year old group (who I found out later was the baby of seven sibling boys) saw that one of the cookies on the plate was bigger, looked around to see if anyone else noticed and then took it and finally the five year olds fought over the big cookie so much that they destroyed all the little cookies until all of them only got crumbs. I would have to guess selfishness is a learned behavior.

Where does the society get its information on discipline from. Don't say the bible, they stopped throwing stones a long time ago and Jesus would simply walk away from wrongdoers, not punish them. I doubt any studies were done on this scientifically or psychologically to divulge this information.

I have two children and I only have to threaten spankings as I did it the first three times, when an undesired behavior occurred, I explained why, told her I love her, gave her three swats on the bottom and did this consistently everytime she did this behavior. Now I can just threaten a spanking and she knows I mean it and walks away. My other child could care less if she is spanked but take her night night puppy from her and whatever behavior desired, she will do. Whatever works for whatever personality. Babies cry and throw temper tantrums when they are uncomfortable or need something that they don't know how else to ask for. It is called frustration. When we can't communicate what we want or need, we sometimes as adults out of frustration throw little hissy fits too.

Indispair

• Ticker
    Ticker

Good Job Gill!!

I just seen your post and wanted to thank you for standing up for children.

I know all too well how children are treated within the org. and how they expect parents to have robotic control over them at meetings and life. Sad to see the point ive brought up many times to ones as to why their is a serious lack of love shown within the organization, only to be further emphasized by an assembly talk. Shows the mindset has not changed one bit within the org. and probably never will.

Ticker

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Trevor - Thanks. I won't give up!

Ticker - I think you've hit the nail on the head as to why parents probably over react to disciplining their children, more so in the atmosphere of the KH. They are under immense pressure to have their children behave perfectly and make no sounds that would distract from the vomit being spewed by the FDS. Not only that, they fear that if they don't have complete and utter control of these 'selfish' little people, they will grow up to be and want to be worldly people who will be destroyed by Jehovah at Armageddon! Double pressure really and probably unbearable. Pushes normal parents to extreme limits of behaviour because they love their children so much they have to beat them so they won't die at Armageddon. Sad and screwed up reasoning.

JW children do need protection from their parents and from the WTBTS! People should be aware of the teachings of this evil and destructive cult.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hurray Brooke! What a brave and right thing to do. You are an example to us all!

((((brooke))))

• VM44
    VM44
    all babies are born [The Watchtower Society is] selfish and demanding for their own needs and not anyone elses.

--VM44

• Gill
    Gill

VM44 - More true than anything else I've heard today!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Holy sh*t!

And I thought I had it bad growing up (NOT). Good thing I was raised by "worldlings" (don't you love that word-ugh!)

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit