Fuming, Angry, seething, seeing RED!!!!!!!!!!

by Gill 102 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    My kids will grow up loving me and knowing they can come to me for any big or small problem.

Definately, thats the whole point of parenthood, its not about control or anything else like it, its about guidance, support and more than anything love.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    They take their full share in seeing that their children remain quiet during congregation meetings. If their baby starts to cry, or their child becomes boisterous, they in their turn will take it outside for appropriate discipline.
    *** Watchtower 1988 March 1 pp.23-27 Responsible Childbearing in This Time of the End ***
    Responsible Childbearing in This Time of the End

That makes me sick its that frightening.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I was not raised in the "troof" and I was not physically abused either. I have taken the same approach with my children. I do not "beat" my kids and I am not even a proponent of pulling the ear or hair or even slapping the hand. I have found other ways to discipline and woudn't you know it my kids are well behaved! Imagine that...

I remember brothers and sisters holding their hands over their babies mouths to keep them quiet at meetings. Not just touching the mouth but physically covering it for a minute or two straight. I thought what if that child has a stuffy nose; he/she must be panicked or unable to breath! Yet I said nothing. I also remember a sister with her son bent over her lap in the restroom at an assembly and she was hitting her little son with closed fists on his back over and over again. He was actually trying to fight back to make her stop. I was a teenager and I wanted to jump on her to make her stop. The bathroom was full of sisters that did and said nothing! I thought in any other situation someone would have done something, right?

I don't know but I have made an effort to report anything I see that is out of line from that time on. I once saw a woman beating her two toddlers in the back seat of a car with a wooden cooking spoon. She was hurling it at their heads and faces with full force over and over again. The dad was just driving along as though nothing was happening. The little ones were holding their hands up to protect themselves. I called 911 and reported the license plate number and the location of the vehicle.

I felt so bad for not helping that little boy in the bathroom and for not saying anything to the witness parents who beat their kids bare butts with spoons, belts and sticks in the back room during meetings. I have reported abuse ever since. It's all I can do to redeem myself...

• avishai
    avishai
    I felt so bad for not helping that little boy in the bathroom and for not saying anything to the witness parents who beat their kids bare butts with spoons, belts and sticks in the back room during meetings. I have reported abuse ever since. It's all I can do to redeem myself...

That, and beng better parents ourselves is all we can do. With that being said, I'm getting off the damn computer and taking my daughter for a walk.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I recall a "cute" story told in our hall. A small child had been misbehaving during the meeting, and the mother made repeated attempts to sush him/her, threatening to visit "the bathroom" if the behaviour continued. Finally the mother grabbed the child & dragged her/him towards the back. As they reached halfway down the aisle, the poor child, knowing what was coming, looked up and screamed out, "help me, Jehovah!"

I don't know if its common behaviour among JW's, I do recall being taught the "children are born selfish" idea, and I do remember some really awful things parents did to their kids who misbehaved during meetings (i.e. take them to the back, spank them, then hold their head down forcibly for a while to demonstrate proper position during prayer).

I spanked my children on occasion, simply because that was how I was raised - nothing to do with the religion, really. It was how my parent's and my generation did things. We know better now, of course. But I was not abused at the meetings, nor were my children, thankfully.

I used to always sit in the front row at the meeting with my children, who were normally very well-behaved. But I do recall at least one occasion when I was holding my daughter, and she was playfully making faces and talking to the people in the row behind her (she was about 2 years old). One of the elders came and asked me to remove my child because she was creating a disturbance. I was furious. They later instructed me that I should sit in the back (all parents with small children were supposed to do so). I ignored them and continued to sit in the front row. Heh. no wonder they DF'd me as soon as they had a chance!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog
    They take their full share in seeing that their children remain quiet during congregation meetings. If their baby starts to cry, or their child becomes boisterous, they in their turn will take it outside for appropriate discipline.
    *** Watchtower 1988 March 1 pp.23-27 Responsible Childbearing in This Time of the End ***
    Responsible Childbearing in This Time of the End

Did anyone notice in the last phrase "they in their turn will take IT outside"?!? They called a child IT, I mean how much clearer can it be that the WBTS does not even impute humanity to children, they are IT's until old enough to become slaves for the Borg. They refer to them as chattel or something. Good God, I hate the Borg a little more each day.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

BD- I too was struck right in the forehead by this one little word.

IT

That word makes me so friggin angry I can't see straight. Its nice to know that the children are relegated to little more than inanimate objects. It's one thing to make yourself a zombie for the "cause", its another to take away the budding individuality of the children. But then I guess theres no room for that in the "Borg".

I find reasons everyday to be thankful my children aren't raised like so many of us were.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I remember a post like this before...this wa my story of a child being beat in the bathroom!

Dec 7th 2004:

I remember about 7 months back a little girl about 2 years old was lead into the bathroom as I was feeding my son and she was spanked. A very hard spaking! I thought my god she is like 2 years old and she is getting beat. Her mother then said to her she was being naughty and she needed to listen to the speaker and that they were in Jehovah's house. I thought to myself be quiet Brooke just shut your mouth. However that didn't work. I laid my son down as he slept and I grabbed her hand from another hit and I told her one more time she did it I would do the same to her but 10 fold! She was so stunned. I said she is 2 what do you want from her she is 2. I told her to clean up her kid and calm her down go back in the hall and I said if I ever see you touch her like that again or your other kid I will beat you but I will not lead you in here I will do it infront of everyone.

Well she left ....I felt so horrible for that kid but I had to say something. And knowing me I never keep my mouth shut!

Brooke WI

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    The speaker was saying how all babies are born selfish and demanding for their own needs and not anyone elses. The jist of the talk being about discipline, and training children ...ie taking them out for a good beating.

That guy's been reading too much Freud.

Psychology for Dummies: Freud had a theory that all babies are born with the Id (the Ego--which governs the Id, and the superego--which keeps both the Id and the Ego in check through guilt--are developed by age 4), which runs on the "pain-pleasure" principle (sex and aggression). Basically saying--if it feels good, do it; if you don't like something, screw everyone else, I'm getting it now.

laters

kaykay_mp

• avishai
    avishai
    I recall a cute story told in our hall. A small child had been misbehaving during the meeting, and the mother made repeated attempts to sush him/her, threatening to visit "the bathroom" if the behaviour continued. Finally the mother grabbed the child & dragged her/him towards the back. As they reached halfway down the aisle, the poor child, knowing what was coming, looked up and screamed out, "help me, Jehovah!"

I recall a cute story told araound the barracks. A prisoner had been misbehaving during roll call, and the MP made repeated attempts to shush him/her, threatening to visit "the bathroom" if the behaviour continued. Finally the MP grabbed the prisoner & dragged her/him towards the back. As they reached halfway down the aisle, the poor prisoner, knowing what was coming, looked up and screamed out, "help me, Allah!"

Why is it "cute" when it happens to kids? The "jehovah" story is told in every hall, and it always draws smiles and laughter. It has always gotten a reaction of horror from me. A child pleading for intercession from God from a beating is'nt funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit