Fuming, Angry, seething, seeing RED!!!!!!!!!!

by Gill 102 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I'm ashamed to admit it, but years after leaving the org I disiplined my own daughters in a similar way, especially when I had put them to bed and they would stay up in their room fighting and crying. It got so bad that my oldest daughter would hide in the closet every time I came in the room.

Finally one night they were fighting as usual. I stormed into their room, but instead of whooping them I made them give each other a hug. They didn't make a single peep the rest of the night. The next mornign they were asleep in each other's arms. I learned a very important lesson that night.

I still spank them, but a lot less than I used to. To get a spank they usually have to do something dangerous, extremely disrepectful, ignore me when I repeatedly tell them not to do something, or paint their walls up with poo. I try to dicipline my kids in the way that gets the best results and most often a stern word or lecture works just as well.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

good point, Avishai - I should have said "cute" story - as this is the wording used by those who related the story.

I certainly don't think its cute, its very sad.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Yes, and this so-called Biblical discipline can be taken to the extremes, as we have seen several times! Remember this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,596231,00.html

Scroll ----------------------->>>> and then down

*****************************************************************************************

altGuardian Unlimited The Guardian
    Home alt alt alt UK alt alt alt Business alt alt alt Online alt alt alt World dispatch alt alt alt The Wrap alt alt alt Newsblog alt alt alt Talk alt alt alt SearchaltThe Guardian alt alt alt World alt alt alt News guide alt alt alt Arts alt alt alt Special reports alt alt alt Columnists alt alt alt Audio alt alt alt Help alt alt alt Quiz

alt alt alt alt

Search this site
    alt
    Devout couple accused of flogging daughter to death

Stephen Bates, religious affairs correspondent
    Saturday November 17, 2001
    The Guardian
    A devoutly religious couple from Chicago's South Side have been charged with murder after allegedly beating their daughter more than 160 times with a 2cm-thick length of electrical cable.

A court heard yesterday that Larry and Constance Slack, both Jehovah's Witnesses, beat 11-year-old Laree - a punishment they believed was laid down in the Bible - after she was uncooperative during a search for her mother's jacket.

The girl was tied to a metal futon frame, and at one point her five siblings, aged eight to 17, were told to hold her down. A towel was stuffed in her mouth to stifle her screams.

The Slacks, both 41, gave themselves up to the police when Laree was pronounced dead at a local hospital. They are liable to the death penalty if convicted.

Demetria Soter, coordinator of paediatric trauma at Cook county hospital, said: "Do you know how hard it is to kill an 11 year-old? Massive amounts of force are needed to die like this."

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Hope I wasn't being all grubby with the last post. I just get all excited talking about psychology and I just thought that the dumbass that was giving that talk about child discipline was channeling Freud.

Carry on guys.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    A child pleading for intercession from God from a beating is'nt funny.

This is so true Avishai, this truly shows how brainwashed the JW's are!

Dragonlady76

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Voyager, did they get the needle? I hope to God they got the needle.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

These stories make my stomach churn. So horrific.

My experience growing up Dub is slightly different in that my mother, although she believes in spanking, is actually pretty mild and tender-hearted, so whenever she would see a parent getting distraught or angry with their crying/wriggling/misbehaving child she would go offer to take the little one for a bit and give them a break. Then she would stand in the back holding and rocking the baby or take older one's out for a quick, quiet walk in the parking lot.

But I do remember feeling great distress over a lot of other JW parent's treatment of their own children or harsh advice to others.

~Merry

• Gill
    Gill

Hi All! Sorry to be so long getting back to reading your posts....kids to feed,shopping to do etc!

Crumpet - Oh yeah! I'm serious! As for having a relationship with them...yes I do. However, I both hate them and am cursed with loving them! Work that shit out!

When I'm feeling particularly naughty I make a great effort to wind them up about the WTBTS. They can't get me now...I hope!

Trevor - Did I ever ask my father to explain? Oh yes. My psychiatrist told me to do that. My father, and mother both called me a lying bastard! Then my father got seriously grumpy. He then, believe it or not did not speak to my Mother for three weeks and spent most of his time in bed sulking. My Mother kept ringing me screaming at me to come back and apoligise to my father for what I had said because he was taking it out on her. I told my psyc. who said that was typical bahaviour of an extremely clever emotional abuser. He was denying completely what he had done and attempting to punish me severly by his making someone else suffer.

I did nearly a year in psychiatry and counselling. I was told, as I was suffering from severe, and I mean severe anxiety, and violent diahorrea.That my fear centre in my brain had been switched on for so long now that the natural reaction to fear was permanently switched on. All I wanted to do was go to the toilet constantly. I was told I had to leave the JW Cult that had caused the fear and challenge my parents. I did both. I'm OK. Thank you Doctor!!! But My God, it took a long long time. Unfortunately, when really horrific things happen to some people, their brain switches off to it to cope. However, a part of the brain cannot switch off. You experience the horror any way but deny it. That is what I learnt to do, just switch off every time. Then one day it all came back and switched on and would NOT go away. Years of terror, that could be felt every minute of the day no matter what I was doing was constantly replayed. How did my husband put up with me. Thank God for the NHS psychiatrist and brilliant counsellor!

Crumpet, Trevor, FBT. Brenda, avishai, Effervescent, diamondblue1974 , Thanks!

Brooke, I am seriously proud of you for intervening in that little child's beating. I wish I'd have been that strong all the times I'd seen that happening!

I know child abuse is NOT WTBTS policy, however, their views on women and children and the wonderful superior position of men in the family allows all kinds of abuse to take hold. The women and children have NO help.. No one can go against the head of the house. Swallow that shit if you want but accept that is what it is.

By the way, my father was an Elder in the Congregation. All the brothers and sisters were constantly telling me how wonderful and loving he was.

Yeah, well.....

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Brooke:

I laid my son down as he slept and I grabbed her hand from another hit and I told her one more time she did it I would do the same to her but 10 fold! She was so stunned. I said she is 2 what do you want from her she is 2. I told her to clean up her kid and calm her down go back in the hall and I said if I ever see you touch her like that again or your other kid I will beat you but I will not lead you in here I will do it infront of everyone.

Hurray for you! Now that I am older I have the strength to stand up to abusive parents and I have done so. It just kills me to think of the times I could have done something as a JW and did not. That woman beating her little boy would not want to do so in front of me now...

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Man if I saw someone hitting a little kid the way I got hit these days I would be making a sceane to say the least..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit