Fuming, Angry, seething, seeing RED!!!!!!!!!!

by Gill 102 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Interestingly, when corporal punishment was banned in a Scandinavian country, the society inserted small labels in the literature with an alternative rendering (discipline instead of rod). This was done by the publishers in order not to get the books banned. The ombudsman of children affairs prompted this change. After that, all references to corporal punishment have been omitted or rephrased in that language in order to stick by secular law. It was also stated that such discipline of children should not take place in KH. I also remember in a public talk, that the brother stated that the use of the literal rod or corporal punishment was against the Bible. I remember relating this to some "friends" from the US we met when vacationing. They were almost in disbelief that corporal punishment was not an option in child upbringing and that even JWs (at least officially) abstained from it... I?ve seen that cultural attitudes matter a lot in this subject. I?ve attended halls in the past abroad where children were disciplined physically in the hall itself, and not confined to the bathroom. this experience also shows that the prevalent attitude is still that of corporal punishment...

• blondie
    blondie

I'm surprised they were so specific. The WTS has toned down in print their stance on spanking even to the point of omitting all mention of it in WT publications in countries (Germany, Sweden) where it is against the law to spank children. I wonder if this was this guy's personal twist on it?

Blondie

No spanking countries

• Sweden
    • Finland
    • Denmark
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • Norway
    • Austria
    • Cyprus
    • Croatia
    • Latvia
  • Latte
    Latte

BlackSwanofMemph,

That is just the scenario that I experienced?.makes me feel sick??..

I feel that so many parents ?go overboard? with disciplining at the KH because others are watching/glaring at them. They spank all the more so.

It?s such a shame for these kids coz? most of them would probably be sleeping at home in the cozy beds rather than getting spanked coz? they are soooo bored at trying to listen for the next Jehovah or Jesus being said from the speaker.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

all babies are born selfish and demanding for their own needs and not anyone elses..............

Oh forgive them of being hungry, wanting thier diaper changed, needind a kiss on thier boo boo! Damn those selfish bastards!

I hate that cult!

Brooke

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Very interesting/important topic ... Thanks for the (((kids ! )))

THE WTBS USE DISTORTION HERE : (to emphasis what WhyIamhere said)

Babies are not selfish THEY ARE HELPLESS, THEY NEED US, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE !!! What is this mentality to think that they deserved to be treated as selfish / what do babies they know about themself and others to be able or responsible of whatever ?

A Babies know nothing, can't do nothing without US, they just have feelings and needs so treat them like dirt because you think they are selfish or whatever (wrong) when they don't know and are not able to understand what it is all about, and there you've got a disturbed kid (in a way or an other, soon or later).

• blondie
    blondie

It always corks me to see a man (who will never be pregnant) talk about raising babies. While men of more recent generations are more involved in day to day child care, most let the mother do it. So a talk written by men without children to be given by men who probably never raised a baby.

Blondie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I think when a man is pregnant and goes through everything that a woman goes through during the pregnancy labor and post pregnancy....I think we will see a different side of them.

I want a Man to go through 60 hours of Labor! 50 hours of that with no Drugs!

Brooke

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I've seen some men more sensitive to kids than some women ... Abusing ways of parents (Men or women) come from the selfish par them.

(but they are still learning from the bible : the creator is good/and deserves respect without deserving it, and his creatures are sinner/responsible even if they don't have a clue what's going on)

• Gill
    Gill

At the KH, it's usually the mums that you see spanking/beating the kids, not so much the dads.

I know there are some JWs who don't 'do' spanking, I have a cousin who would never spank any of her children for anything...bless her...however...the ones who do, whether it's law to allow spanking or not, are disciplining their children for doing absolutly nothing wrong at all. Who in their right minds would want to listen to two hours of boring crap? Certainly not a young child, or an older child for that matter.

Reminds me of a brother who used to not allow his children any books or paper and pens or anything to occupy them and would not allow the tiny mites to fall asleep during the evening meetings even to the point of taking them out of the hall to wash their little faces with cold water. He had nine children, only two are still JWs.

Run children! RUN!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I've decided that as an ex JW I don't think I can have children either as my attitude towards kids and babies is one of zero tolerance for any kind of noise or misbehaviour, because this is how I was brought up. My parents often laughed over how they used to deal with my constant screaming as a baby. They would put me in the furthrest room away from them in the house in my cot and then put on music as loud as necessary to drown out the sound until I wore my vocal chords out crying. So that is what I consider normal, I don't think I would make a very good mother and I would hate to be like my own parents in so many ways.

The weird thing was my dad never got that smacking was a waste of time. I would do things deliberately just to get his attention even if it was just a smack. I equate smacks with love as he would always explain how he was hitting me because he loved me and loved Jehovah. Fortunately the very violent relationship I had prior to this one was enough for me to get that mentality out of my head and at least I understood at the time why I felt the need to be hit and actively encouraged and provoked my b/f to treat me like a punchbag because then I felt loved. Sick Sick Sick! And I will never feel normal enough to have children which is sad, but its for the best that I don't i think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit