Would you....

by HadEnuf 48 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    Well, I could write a novel but I'll spare the details, I guess I'm just trying to say that besides being a proud mama I'm proud of myself for making it through without being institutionalized!

Oh my funny little devinsmom...I am proud of you and wish I hadn't missed all your growing up years! You are one strong woman and I just know that there are so many good things in store for you! Big Hug...Auntie Cathy

but look at how far we've come!

heatherg...doesn't that just say it all? Even when we can just get through a day as a "normal" human being, doing "normal" things...that is something to brag about after being dragged through the muck as a JW!

Went for a physical and everything checked out good! Everything!!!

DY...I would brag about that too! Which reminds me to make an appt. for my physical and the dreaded scale awaiting me.

I was on Good Morning America...all straight A's...Married a smart hunk

And that is exactly why you call yourself JustTickledPink!!

I've rescued a dog from an abusive situation

Wolfgirl...that is a hard thing to do because those dogs need so much more TLC than your normal, unabused doggie. Woof, woof.

I got hired this morning to work at a place less than three miles from where I live, Hip Hip Hooray!!
    HadEnuf joins bem in happy dance!!! (well that's the closest I could come to a happy dancer).
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i cleaned the kitchen AND the bathroom yesterday! (sorry.. i lead a pathetically boring life lmao)

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

When I write my bio for an interview or for something at work I always think..whoa....who is this person because I am about as ordinary as a person can be. I mean I sit here and surf the web, eating cheetos in my underwear just like everybody else. I have just been lucky in my life to have done some pretty cool stuff....

Relationship: Married WAY above me....she is the most increadible woman that I have ever me...bright, funny, totally hot...red head ! wow ! I also have two great kids Alex (6) and Reagan (5 months) - both were preemies and both are completely healthy. I love being a dad...I am a goofy dad that plays and laughs and cries....I am soooo proud of my kids....I have read to my son since before he was born and now he reads to me and his new sister.....He lost his first tooth, got a man's haircut and has his first date in a couple of weeks LOL....she is 34 and a family friend....we are double dating to the local fireman's ball for an elegant evening of dinner and dancing....LOL

Personal Fulfillment: Went back to school as an old fart and got my degrees in disability studies and education. Own my own business that helps people create a more accessible and accepting world for all people. **My business was just voted #14 in the top 50 diversity owned businesses...we even get a trophy LOL. I am respected by my friends, clients and others and considered an Expert in my field. I still consider myself to be a person of faith and a believer in God.

Fun/Cool stuff: I get to travel all over the country for my business...Sing in a Barbershop Quartet....I have marched on Washington DC for disability rights with thousands of my peers....and was in the right place at the right time and was selected to be federally trained as 1 of only 150 people in the country that can do my job......Met 4 Presidents....Invited to the White House 3 times....I got to introduce my son to the First Lady earlier this year....Testified before the US Senate.....Have two books coming out, hopefully sometime in 2005....and I lay nekkid with my big white butt sticking out on the beach in Jamaica whenever I can afford it....LOL

See what I mean...looks cool but really boils down to the facts that I am happy, loved, successful and FREE. I could not have done most..if any of those things if I were still in bondage with the org. ***BIG BREATH OF FREE AIR*** Life is pretty good. LOL

Now that I read it it sounds...well...like I am bragging...but that is what you asked for right...trust me my wife reminds me on a daily basis that I am not as important as people say I am so I should get over myself LOL.....

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    i cleaned the kitchen AND the bathroom yesterday! (sorry.. i lead a pathetically boring life lmao)

My dear candidly...who brings laughter into my life with your every post...believe me; when I do the above...it is something to brag about...just ask my hubby!! My life is pretty boring too. That's why I had to brag about my kids.

Now that I read it it sounds...well...like I am bragging...but that is what you asked for right

rwagoner...that is exactly what I want to hear. Who knows what lurks behind someones name. The stuff you've done just blows me away...but reading about your relationship with your sons was very touching to me.

Cathy L...wiping a tear from her eye

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Here is a Happy Dance for you!!!!!!!!!

Disco Boogie

Brookie

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Great thread, Cathy and congrats to the boys!

And to think they did evil little girls' graduation gigs in the early years! Hehehehe! Kidding!

I have to say that my son is my pride and joy...just look at his pic! How can I not brag?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

These are what I am proud of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Ahhhhhhh Brookie thanks for the Happy Dance! Brookiepooh...your pics didn't come up in your last posting. Hey...I want to see that beautiful family of yours and mine (well and your hubbies too since he did have something to do with it)!

Ms. Nancy Drake...Gee Whiz...how cute is that little guy!! He just must be the joy of your life!

Cathy L.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    dealing with an unexpected pregnancy alone, leaving my husband, supporting myself with no help from my husband before and after Devin was born

devinsmom: your success/survival sounds a lot like mine!

I too dealt with an unexpected pregnancy alone (husband left when I was 7 months pregnant) and I already had a 3 year old daughter at the time, I stayed on my own and supported myself without help from my son's dad (whew! $1000.00 a month in childcare, $800.00 a month in rent, $300.00 car payment and that was already more than the check I took home each month). I learned the art of creative financing and somehow made it through living on cheerios, pbjs, bean burritos and top ramen. I was disfellowshipped at the time and had pretty much no support group established so I decided to go to a therapist, get a new career and just be by myself. It was the best thing I ever did!

I am now happily married to a wonderful man who treats my 2 children like gold, I have a job that I enjoy, we are expecting a daughter in July and she is healthy and I just feel like I've come a long way.

My biggest accomplishments: Being a single mom, surviving natural childbirth (no drugs no nothing) and breastfeeding my children.

alt

alt

• Honesty
    Honesty

Giving freely without guilt tripping from a Service Meeting talk about some young JW in a poor country who slaughtered and sold his pet chicken for a dollar and sent it to the WTBTS to Cystic Fibrosis, MDA, Baptist Missionaries, my church, Easter Seal. Aaaaah.... Christian Freedom is so good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit