Would you....

by HadEnuf 48 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Today I decided that people on this forum need some bragging rights. (Of course this is just a veiled disguise for me to claim some of my own bragging rights)!

Good things happen all the time to my friends on this site and we never hear about them. I want to hear about something that you are proud of that has happened to you recently or not so recently or even many, many years ago. Was there some extraordinary thing that you are proud of and would like to do some bragging on? Or something that may not even seem extraordinary to others, but was to you.

We are taught to be humble and that no one likes a bragger. I say BRING IT ON folks. Let me know what you claim bragging rights for.

Guess what? (I know YOU knew THIS was coming) I will start!!! (See I needed to brag but didn't want to look too bad doing this so I just had to invite other bragger's along on the ride).

My son's band, Tree of Woe, has just signed a contract to have their next CD produced by none other than Jimmy Newquist, lead singer of the now defunct band, Caroline's Spine. They (Caroline's Spine) were very popular amongst alternative rockers a few years back and even had a gold record. Jimmy has also produced some other great groups (none of which I can think of and my son is not available for comment on this).

So this month, Tree of Woe heads down to Tulsa, OK to record their second album with Jimmy producing, along with another band member from Caroline's Spine and a few others he's invited to participate. I am just so proud of these guys, your regular "garage band", who have stuck it out, playing in small bars and coffee shops, making about zip for money and never letting go of their dreams. I am hoping that this could be the "break" they need to perhaps break into the rarified Hit Zone.

I'm so excited I have to wear Depends for fear of peeing my pants.

So what do YOU have to brag about? Feel free to brag about yourself, your kids, your grandkids, your husband or significant other or heck...even your dog!!!

Let 'er rip folks. BRAG ON......

Cathy L. "Everyone is normal until you get to know them"

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

What am I the most proud of? The fact that I stood up to my father at the age of 17 and went on to forge an awesome life for myself. There have been a few bumps, but at this point in my life Im married to the most awesome man in the world (sorry gals!) and have four gorgeous and smart children. Im attending a church that is FUN and uplifting (gasp!) and am currently pursuing a degree in Specialized Technology for Web Programming. Im the black sheep in my family (both sides!) but Ive never been prouder of where I am in life. I never would have guessed that being "evil" and "worldly" could be such a fulfilling experience!

I think my kids are what Im most proud of though. My oldest daughter is in the first grade and she is already talking about going to college and doing whatever SHE wants to do. Shes gravitating between being a cowgirl and a vet right now. The latest was she was going to be a vet that rides a horse to work. They are all smart, independant, and have a will of their own... I LOVE it!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I am getting a couple of my songs I have written onto an independant film. Well, it's not 100% yet, but highly likely they will be on it. The film will be entered in film festivals worldwide, so that's kinda cool.

-ithinkisee

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Effervescent: Isn't life great!!! It makes me happy to hear of your happiness! So many wonderful things that can happen to us being JW FREE!

ithinkisee: That's what I'm talking about baby. Now that is a true accomplishment. I hope to see you at the grammy's someday!

Cathy L.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Hey Auntie, congrats to you and please pass it on to the boys, how exiting! I want autographs now, and that is so cool cuz I can say " I knew you guys when...we were all jw's, look how far we have come from all that nonesense!"

Anywho, well I have a lot to be proud of but I guess the best thing is my Devin, I wish I had a picture to post, but alas I am at school with no scanner . I sure have been through a whole lot with my soon to be ex husband and while the situation has seemed to take an upturn, the past year and a half (my whole pregnancy and Devins first 8 months) have been spent dealing with never ending drama. I somehow managed to make it through the hardest thing ever for me, dealing with an unexpected pregnancy alone, leaving my husband, supporting myself with no help from my husband before and after Devin was born and now along with some help from my dad, starting a business and trying to finish college while maintaining a 3.7 GPA. I havent lost it or went on meds...YET. Although I lost everything I knew, my husband and moving far from my friends, who are the only support system I have, I have managed to keep my head up and Devin is just the happiest baby I have ever met, and super cute too!

Well, I could write a novel but I'll spare the details, I guess I'm just trying to say that besides being a proud mama I'm proud of myself for making it through without being institutionalized!

April, of the * still not doing schoolwork at school * class

• bem
    bem

Glad to hear about the way things are going for your young'un and the band Cathy L.

On my way to work (in a few minutes) 40 miles one way for a part time job,,, My accomplishment. For today only mind you I got hired this morning to work at a place less than three miles from where I live, Hip Hip Hooray!! Happy dance going on here.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I've rescued a dog from an abusive situation, and he's happily living with us now. And I just might be rescuing another one...just have to "ask" my husband. ;) It makes me feel good to be able to provide a loving home for those who cannot speak for themselves and have endured things that no one should.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Let's see. I was on Good Morning America once (not a speaking part just supported an author who invited a few of us) I have been featured in the newspaper for attending a certain FUNraiser, yes I said FUN raiser... not funds.

I have so far have all straight A's and am halfway through my degree in Liberal Studies.

Married a smart hunk, that I definitely can brag about.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Went for a physical and everything checked out good! Everything!!!

My cholesterol, blood sugar, blood oxygen, blood pressure, EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE!!!

DY

• heatherg
    heatherg

Hey April.. I'm proud of you too! (hugs).

I am most proud for making it out the 'organization' and being a successful human being.

Most of us have had our ups and downs at first, but look at how far we've come! We should be in a magazine or something saying how hard all of us have had to work to prove it to ourselves and others that there is a better life outside of being a JW! hg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit