I am a hypocrite

by ithinkisee 50 Replies latest members private

• bebu
    bebu

A few thoughts...

...Because hypocrasy is denounced harshly here, it is hard to imagine we might be hypocrites ourselves. But it seems to me that we are often hypcrites to our feelings--and that can be okay. For example, if you abandoned your spouse of 20 years and ran off with a lover, you would be a hypocrite to your vows, although acting true to your feelings. If you stayed faithful you would feel like a terrible hypocrite to your feelings, but you would not be a hypocrite to your word.

...I think you should find a way to fade. Stop being a leader. If you are active as a MS... and want to get out of it... why not do like your predecessor and 'confess' to something (or many things) which you know would have you removed? Or, make something up to confess if you don't like the thought of sharing anything. Slowly get more sporadic in doing field service. Get considered 'spiritually weak'. Grow a beard. You will lose the polish of appearing exemplary, and you will catch a lot of flak, but I'll bet your dissonance will abate a bit.

...Jesus told a parable about a shrewd manager who knew he'd get fired. Until that actually happened, he made the most of his situation and made some friends with his employers creditors so that he would not be on the street at the end. So, you can apply this to yourself: until you leave, be shrewd in every way...

bebu

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

AFIN:

well the intent of ithinkisee is to 'appear virtuous and religious' when he actually admits he isn't

Actually, he's just trying to 'appear to be a JW' when he is not so sure he should be. BIG DIFFERENCE... Don't have to be a JW to be 'virtuous and religious'.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Remember people had to Hile Hitler, even if they hated him. It was prudent and a matter of survival. A small price to pay to stay in the land of the living.

All things are lawful but not advantageous!- Mr. Paul

Don't let your "integrity" and "conscience" get in the way of REALITY!!!

u/d (of the we need to give ourselves more credit class)

• Thinking
    Thinking

I think you are being smart. Building a support system for yourself. And I don't think you are being selfish at all. Probably, if you were only thinking of yourself you would say "screw it" and walk away without any consideration for anyone. You are being very conscience of the feelings of others.

I mean look at what happens when the society gets rid of you. A decision is made and BAM your out of there. There is no way to even tie up any lose ends. Make any sort of explanations at all to others in the congo.

And when you quit a job .....you are usually looking for something better or not happy with where you are at. It is a thought out process. You just don't say I hate my job and quit the next day! Or My boss sucks.....it usually is a long thought out process especally if you have been working there a long time. Most of the time you give at least a two weeks notice!

• Thinking
    Thinking

sorry for repeating bebu's comment ......and she did it so much better!!!!!

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: I am a hypocrite

A common trait. Who is able to deny ever having been one? Its good to come out with it. But harder to prevent it manifesting itself in devious ways. The present treacherous nature of the human heart. But millions are successfully dealing to it and to the rest of the baggage of imperfection. With Jehovah's help.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I think I am a bit of a hypocrite too -but I like to think I have a conscience too

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Jehovah"? What kind of moron believes in "Jehovah"? er... never mind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As talesin stated, there is no such thing as perfection: no perfect religion, no perfect mate, no perfect job, no perfect anything. Yet, the wt holds perfection up as a goal for all (although, even in their view, it is not clearly defined). Instead of looking to an outside source for standards, i would suggest looking inside yourself. Integrity comes from being true to ourselves. The wt has also hyjacked this word to it's own ends. Take it back into your own posession.

S

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

God only knows how many true (dictionary definition) hypocrites there ARE in the WTS. Because of their structure and man-made policies, you can bet that this is a global problem.

If JWs could really open up and say how they feel-and why (without penalties and consequences), I'm positive that there would be a mass exodus "out" and the WTS would never know what hit them!

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit