I am a hypocrite

by ithinkisee 50 Replies latest members private

• Carmel
    Carmel

ithinkisee, have you ever done the etemology on the word ? It originates in Islam and describes those that plead fealty to Muhammed when He lead them in a battle to defend Medina. Just as the enemy was encountered, they slipped away, afraid of being killed in battle not believing in Muhammeds' generalship, yet hoping to share in the booty if the enemy was routed. Muhammed coined the word "hypocite" for those that falsely claim a reward for which they didn't earn.

Not sure if you fit the description...

carmel

• prophecor
    prophecor

I detect a distinct degree of honesty. For you to present yourself as a member of the congregation in good standing, as well as your continuing to be here, I imagine you in a period of transition.

Whatever you may be struggling with while being in the Hall, I would think it only natural to seek out alternative information, especially with all the changes that seem to be occuring within the WTBTS, at least that's what I'm continually told, anyway.

And besides, your being upfront about your being a practicing witness was not information that you had to divulge to the community, which to me, only hightens your not being a hypocrite, at least not from our side of the fence.

• bebu
    bebu
    sorry for repeating bebu's comment ......and she did it so much better!!!!!

Thinking... Flattery will get you everywhere! bebu

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello ithinkisee,

Rather than hypocrite, I prefer the term double-agent.

As a young and bright-eyed zealot, you started working for their side. Slowly, however, you became aware of deep, systemic problems in this so-called paradise. The evidence of intentional deception at the highest levels wrenched your gut and your conscience. You knew that in order to be honest with yourself and with the universe, you could no longer work for them.

You were deep inside of what you now recognized as enemy territory. The way out was fraught with peril. There were mine fields here, sniper towers there. Escape from this place you once called your homeland would be treacherous. So you became an agent for the forces of good, working deep inside the bowels of evil. How long can a good man last in such mind-warping environs? Time will tell.

But for now, you are... Agent Ithinkisee.

You're no hypocrite, friend. Hang in there.

SNG

• prophecor
    prophecor

Yeah, what he just said!!!

good job SNG

• Honesty
    Honesty
    After that thread, "hypocrite elder gets DF'd", I guess that means I am one. Right now, I am a hypocrite.

You are just trying to hold your family together. There is nothing hypocritical about that.

I tried to fade for two years for the same reason. Unfortunately for my kids, when I finally had enough to almost turn me into a basket case I lost it and told the Bethel Bastards and the local elders how apostate they all are. I was wrong about that because to be apostate you have to fall away from your faith which they haven't .... they are still serving their master, Satan.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have no idea if you're a hypocrite; I think only you know that. Ask yourself what the purpose of the guilt trip is. Does it serve a useful purpose for you? If it leads you to leave a destructive religion, for example, then I guess the guilt could possibly be useful.

Beyond that, there's not much use in it, IMO. A lot of times people bathe in guilt to try to punish themselves. You don't deserve punishment.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I'd just like to say that once again this thread is proof of why I'm here. So many great people with great feelings and thoughts.

I haven't heard one person say that they are going to shun you now, that we can't eat with you, can't say hi next time in the chat room, etc. What a great thing that is! Not to be condemned.

• cindykp
    cindykp
    "Jehovah"? What kind of moron believes in "Jehovah"?

I guess I'm a moron and a hypocrite!!!

I was thinking of getting reinstated for the "sole" purpose of being able to associate with my family. Considering just about all my family are witnesses.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Ithinkisee,

You are not alone in your feelings. I justify myself by saying I'm forced into it in order to maintain any type of normal family life. Yes, it's not that normal but at least they talk to me.

I will offer this small piece of advice that has worked for me. I don't feel as bad about myself and how I'm misleading the friends about my true feelings as long as I don't secretly try to destroy their faith. I would love for everyone to see the truth the way I do now, but even so I don't feel that it would be right to abuse a position of trust. People in the truth are very vulnerable emotionally and any abuse of their trust could be devastating to them and may damage much more than just their faith in the WTBS. When I teach or counsel I do what is expected of me.

How long can I continue in this? Who knows.

Remember, you're a good person and seeing the truth about the truth a gift not a burden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit