I am a hypocrite

by ithinkisee 50 Replies latest members private

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Gotta tell you that just the other day, like 4 or 5 meetings ago, my mother started with her encouraging talk towards me and how I must change because the end is so near, blah, blah, blah.

This all happened right before a meeting at the KH, in the middle of a group of people that realized why she was scolding me. I just politely smiled and replied "oh yes mother, the end is very near, just like it was in 1974, remember?!"

My mother's and other people's faces just dropped, and it seemed as though the KH stopped in silence. I couldn't have cared less. Needless to say, my husband tells me that soon he feels we'll get a visit from the elders due to that little episode.

DY

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Might I inject that hypocrisy is not simply pretending to be something you're not. Hypocrisy include intenet of appearing righteous, pious, but not actually being so.

Main Entry: hy·poc·ri·sy
    Pronunciation: hi-'pä-kr&-sE also hI-
    Function: noun

1 : a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion2 : an act or instance of hypocrisy

Hypocrisy is evil, pretending, or just faking something is not. It depends on the circumstance and intent.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Is there a such thing as a hypocrite with a conscience?

I think they call those Apostates..

Great line,Valis. Cheers.

ithinkisee - at one point you have to come down on one side or the other - your not a hypocrite to me - but you are to the witness organization I guess. We love having you here - or at least I do. Keep doing what is right for you. Time, my friend, time!

Jeff

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

IP_SEC:

"especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion"

You say it depends on intent ... well the intent of ithinkisee is to 'appear virtuous and religious' when he actually admits he isn't. He's there to avoid splitting up family ... not to show his true inner beliefs.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hey AFIN :) good to see you man!!!!!

I'm not gonna go speaking for ithinkisee, but I didnt see where he said he's not virtuous or religious. Being a dub isnt about virtue or religion, being controlled by a cult. We are not, but we must pretend to be part of the club, so that other mind controlled folks that we happen to love dont hurt us. Get it?

I'm not gonna cheat on my wife, I havent rejected god or christ, see AFIN, the righteousness isnt pretend, the being a dub is what is pretend.

Being a dub and righteousness arent mutually exclusive.

Thats all I'm saying. Sorry bout my spellin, too lazy to open Word right now.

IPSec

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Just chalk it up to your own "theocratic warfare" You do what you have to do in light of your circumstances.

This is good advice Calamityjane

My hubby is in the same situation. We have often wondered about our own hipocrisy in appearing to be Jw when in reality we are not.

wanna

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

that is why I believe the JW's are a cult. There is no honorable way to leave. The WT will label you with something.

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings IthinkIsee. How can you be a hypocrite if your being yourself?

I hope your enjoying our company.

Golf

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

One thing I learnt with JWs is that "sincerity" (vs. "hypocrisy") may be greatly overrated.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:One thing I learnt with JWs is that "sincerity" (vs. "hypocrisy") may be greatly overrated.

I agree.

The witnesses, and life in general, has also taught me just how common sincere hypocrisy is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit